3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

WE NEED aftermarket stuff...

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 01:51 AM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: WE NEED aftermarket stuff...

Did you look at the other two styles avail. for the Dakotas?

Old 12-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Destructicon
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy shiznit! I friggin want that cowl hood.... looks like a broader version of the SRT-10 hood.

Daddy very likey! Well, looks like no Christmas presents for the kids this year! HAhahahaa... j/k =)

Old 12-11-2007, 03:54 PM
Cadillac15
Professional

Gibson is not in the process of making headers for the 3.7L . Im still waiting to hear back from Pacesetter

Old 02-21-2008, 02:33 PM
ZQ8Dude

So its been awhile since i came here. Has the aftermarket for these trucks increased at all?? Last time i looked there was nothing more then little meaningless bolt ons. No tuner, no blower, no nothing.

Old 02-24-2008, 12:41 PM
Raider07

same here. I left for like 3months because they have nothing going on for the dakota or the raider as far as I can see. Any updates from vendors would be great.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:10 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker

Dodge don't derserve aftermarket parts. Whats the point. They are piece's of ****. They are overpriced, low quailty piece's of ****. Where I live, anyone who has a dodge, they have nothing but problems with it. One guy I know here, bought a new Dakota, not even 2 weeks of having it, the engine went on it. Like mine along with the tranny. I finally got it back and now the 4x4 is all screwed right up. They can't do nothing right. This truck has been nothing but a nightmare. And then fuel, I don't really wanna go there cause this is worse then a pig on gas and I have the V6. I hate to see what the V8 is like. It's so bad, I can't even get 200 km's outta a tank with this thing. And then just today, my alt goes on it again. This is the 2nd time. And no I don't have my system in it either. It's not worth it. Why would I put something like that into this thing when all it does is break down. If it wasn't for this truck being SO overpriced, I would have gotten my Ranger. Even Ford said thats too much for something that has no options. And thats not the only place either. GM, Honda, Toyota, Volkswagen, Mitsubishi. Thats 6 different places. Like come on, theres better out there for lower prices and better quailty. So to make my finally statement, Dodge should just closes their doors cause they are not worthy of selling Piece Of **** vehicles.
I know this an old post but i still want this idiot to hear what I have to say if he is still around. Obviously not too overpriced because you bought it you idiot. I'm sure some salesmen came to your house with guns and coerced you into buying it. You and you alone are responsible for what you bought. Funny you are basing your opinion on what a few other people say and your own personal experience which is little. Not every car that rolls out of the factory is going to be perfect some will have flaws and I would say you just happened to have bad luck considering I have an 06 ST 3.7L with 30k on it and I have had zero problems with it. You deserve the crappy truck you got, they must have realized how much of an idiot you were and purposefully gave you lemon and I don't think that could have happened to a better candidate. "My truck sucks so I think I will pour a good thousand into it on a stereo." You sir are an idiot plain and simple. Until now I had yet to see anyone on hear that is an *** toward anyone else, the group of owners on here is a good bunch of people that would have gone out of their way to help you had you just informed us what was wrong with your truck. Go sell your Dak for some pos tonka toy ricer 4 cylinder manual found on roadside dead toy truck ranger have fun driving around in something that can't haul anything but two people and some groceries. You might as well buy a car.

Anyways thats my rant, I suspect this simpleton is long gone but I read this and it pissed me off so I tossed in my .02 cents regardless. [&:]

Old 04-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

ORIGINAL: ZQ8Dude

So its been awhile since i came here. Has the aftermarket for these trucks increased at all?? Last time i looked there was nothing more then little meaningless bolt ons. No tuner, no blower, no nothing.
You can get a Paxton supercharger from KRC performance.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:28 AM
LB
Veteran

WOW, that cowl hood is AWSOME!!!
Hmm, that government check would be a good start toward it!

LB

Old 06-26-2008, 09:59 PM
HunterA3

I've been on a campaign to get someone to build a lift kit for the newer Dakotas as well, even before I found this forum. Here is what I received in reply from two of the companies I've contacted:

There is really two reasons why no one is offering this kit,one is the
demand. Two, 5-6 years ago when firestone tire had a recall on all
Dakotas for reason the truck would roll over if they got a blow out. So
you can see why all the manufactures in the industry where not racing
to
the dealer to start lifting Dakotas,who would want to deal with such a
liability. Hope this helps all Dakotas owner's understand why you do
not
see much if anything out there.
Thanks

Armen Mosikian
Tech Manager
Fabtech Motorsports

-

Thank you for your interest in Rancho products. Unfortunately we do
not
manufacture a suspension system for your vehicle because it would fit
too
few years and not enough people would buy it for us to make money on
it.

I don't know of any kit that you can modify and make it work on your
Dakota
and we do not manufacture any custom suspension lifts.

Rancho team member
Vladi

The first reply accusing Dodge of what was primarily a Ford Explorer issue was incorrect. I did research on the gsa.gov and nhsta websites and found only a recall for ball joints and an electrical issue with the A/C.

The second argument may have more validity because of the sharp drop in sales for the 2008 models, but in the prior year they sold more than Honda did with it's Ridgeline and yet I've seen after market stuff for those and only 10,000 trucks less than the Titan in 2007 which I've seen loads of stuff for. This says nothing of the overall decline in truck sales, which is no doubt going to curb demand for all models.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:16 PM
HunterA3

I also wrote to Chrysler customer service. They recommended I go to ChryslerListens.com and submit my suggestion to them. What I suggested was manufactured parts should be offered by Dodge or the specs for them given to one of the lift companies, that matched the custom parts used in the concept MX Warrior Dakota. It's my firm belief that the Dakota doesn't get as much attention because of the lack of customization. The older models were customizable more than the 3rd gens and we can see the result in sales and owner retention of the older models. Kits don't drive sales, but they certainly influence many people when the buy their trucks because some would like to mod them, but would avoid them if they can't customize them like other brands or models.

Quick Reply: WE NEED aftermarket stuff...