3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

WE NEED aftermarket stuff...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 11:09 AM
T ReX
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WE NEED aftermarket stuff...

Hello everyone new to the site. But definatly agree with the lack of aftermarket parts for are great trucks. I am curious to know the differences in engine capartment set up between the 07 3.7's and the 06 because alot of aftermarket parts out for the 4.7 06 and 07 are the same. Not only is there very little for the 4.7's but performance parts for 3.7's are almost no existent. I also have gone to links posted by the members here and have been doing alot of complaining myself as well.

Old 07-12-2008, 04:49 PM
T ReX
Default RE: WE NEED aftermarket stuff...

Sent this to K&N,
To whom it may concern,

I own a 2007 Dodge Dakota 3.7L TRX4 "Off Road" Quad Cab. I am a bit disappointed by the lack of performance parts that your company make available for this vehicle. K&N in my book is the leading company in air intakes,filters,and other various products and I am unable to even choose your company for my performance needs. I just wanted you and your company made aware and that I am not the only one who feels this way dodgeforum.com has many dakota owners who all share the same disappointment of not being able to buy your products for our vehicles. I thank you for your time and hope to strike the senses of the company to produce an outstanding product as always for our vehicles.

Sincerely,
Joshua S. Reece

Old 08-09-2008, 02:12 PM
jimbu

After market is great, BUT stay away from AIM INDUSTRIES. They also do business under several other names so be sure to check them out throughly. I purchused a lowering kit from them($800.00) and it has been a nightmare, AIM will do nothing about it. I now have over $3,000.00 invested installing and reinstalling defective parts they keep sending me. Anyone else have a problem with this compant?? If so please let me know. (jimbu@comcast.net)
Thanks. Jim

Old 08-09-2008, 11:45 PM
AIR RAM
All Star
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We now carry a full line of 4.7L performance parts. We will be releasing the first and only Aluminum 4.7L single plane intake manifold. Its perfect for those who are serious about building HP and will work great with a supercharger or turbo... or 11:1cr with a 200 shot of nitrous should make things intresting.

- 4.7L "ALUMINUM" SINGLE PLANE INTAKE MANIFOLD!
- 4.7L SCAT H-BEAM RODS (FITS 4.7L CRANK without modification)
- 4.7L ARP MAIN STUD KITS & 4.7L ARP HEAD STUD KITS
- 4.7L CNC PORTED HEADS
- 4.7L F&B 70MM THROTTLE BODY'S
- 4.7L ROSS FORGED PISTONS (.010 - .040 available)
- 4.7L CAM SHAFTS - H/O, 206, 212, 218 and more.
- 4.7L EATON & WHIPPLE PROJECT - BLURRED PICTURE IS INTENTIONAL

Check them out and please let me know what you think... we are more specifically into 4.7L ENGINE PERFORMANCE.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM (Your 4.7L PERFORMANCE SUPPLIER)

Old 08-20-2008, 03:54 PM
baracis
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been a big fan of Air Ram ever since I saw their '02 Ram on youtube. Their prices are fantastic. Compare their performance parts and prices to KRC for example. KRC charges $849 for the 212 cams and Air Ram charges $390 with free shipping. I'm sticking with Air Ram...even for my CAI.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:22 PM
mikset
Professional
Default B & G Flash

Hi guys, just joined up today. Looks like a cool forum, best I've seen for 3rd gen. Dakotas I think. I know we all wish Superchips or Hypertech or someone would come out with a tuner for the 3rd gen daks. but that could be awhile. I called Superchips the other day and here's what one of the tech guys said. They are starting to work on a tuner for the '08 Daks and when that one's done they will develop one for the 05-07's. He said look for one in about a year. Guess we'll see.

I am seriously thinking about sending in my PCM to B & G Chrysler for a flash. I talked to Dave at B&G today and he said no problem (350.00) 20-40 h.p at the wheels, better throttle response, etc. I have seen several comments from peops on other forums with 4.7's about B & G flashes, mostly good, some not so good but none with 3rd gen. 4.7's. Wondering if anyone here with a 3rd gen 4.7 has done a B&G flash or talked to someone who has. Thanks.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:13 PM
schmeadley62
Angry Aftermarket Angry

Hey guys I gotta tell ya I love my 06 Dakota but I am pissed that there are no aftermarket parts for these things. I want so bad to personalize my ride but there is not much out there to do that with. I like to go offroad with my truck and I would love to put a nice lift kit and some bigger tires on my truck I can't because they don't offer anything. Man you can't even buy aftermarket shocks for these things. If things don't change soon I will buy a Toyota for my next truck and I have been a Dodge man all my life I am 46 years old and have owned Chrysler products for 30 Years now. I feel really left out when all these Chevy,Ford, Nissan and Toyota guys are out having a ball with their trucks we are sitting on the sidelines as what cheerleaders? Give me a freakin break!!! Let us do what we want to our trucks or we will go somewhere else. Wake up Chrysler.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:29 PM
Frenchy
Banned

Chrysler realllly doesn't have anything to do with the aftermarket...

Old 09-21-2008, 04:42 PM
jimbu

DO NOT buy from any company that has any connection to either Aim Industries or Airbagit. Here is a summery with my problems with the way they do business.

Problem: (Product Name: Lowering kit for a 2007 Dodge Dakota) The lowering kit is defective. When I make a hard left or right turn something comes in contact with the wheel rim and is chewing up the metal. My first contact to resolve the problem I was told that they knew what to do to correct the defect and would send the part shortly. The part came, was installed and did not correct the problem. The company now says it is not there problem and refuses to accept any responsibility. I am concerned as the structure of the wheels are being compromised due to the metal being chewed away every time I make a sharp turn. I have been over a year trying to get this resolved. Then other problems arose which I was sent 3 defective parts to correct.(They refused to send the parts unless I paid for them) I told them it was costing me big bucks to install there defective parts and to make sure the next one was not defective. It was still defective! Every time I would apply the brakes the front end would shutter terrible, when I would hit the smallest bump the front end would bottom out. I finally took off all there parts and had the suspension put back to stock and now have no problems. They refuse to pay my out of pocket expenses and told me to not call them again.

My only way to get them to pay is small claims court. My expenses exceed $3,000.00 and I live in calif. They are in Mesa Arizona! The small claims in that state is $2,500.00 Max. $2,500.00 + plane fair,eats,hotel room and time away from work does not make that feasiable. The struts they kept sending me I could pull out and push in with very little efort so I know they are defective! The pro's at the front end shop that did the installation told me the same thing. This company is BAD,BAD news.
Jim

Quick Reply: WE NEED aftermarket stuff...