3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Honestly..... which would you pick... and why?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 05:55 PM
pro4x4
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honestly..... which would you pick... and why?

I might order the throttle body myself soon so I would go with that. I would think since the current throttle body is restrictive that getting the bigger one would work much better with the air intake kit. I really don't see how the bigger throttle body would hamper performance in stop and go driving though.

Old 07-03-2007, 06:54 PM
herkguy
Veteran

I say TB. You already have the mod for the pwr wire which gives you some advance in timing. You have a manual so like you said you don't need any comp help for the shifts. With your open aircleaner, exhaust and low temp stat I would think the TB would be a good compliment. I just put mine on and it is starting to have great reults, nice low speed throttle responce and great on hwy. I might take it on a trip this weekend and really get the feel for it.

Old 07-03-2007, 07:23 PM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

I say tb also. should really help top end and probably a little low end grunt

Old 07-03-2007, 11:17 PM
billcat
Rookie

what exactly is there to gain out of a tb and how hard is it to install?

Old 07-04-2007, 03:18 AM
herkguy
Veteran

a modded TB has a true bore thoughout unlike the stock which tapers in. It also gets a radius leading edge for smoother flow, new shaft(smaller diameter) for less restriction and new (larger) butterfly valve. It allows smoother off line accelleration and flows more for top end power. Expected gains are 10hp/tq, not huge but its more in the response than the total power. Combined with air intake and exhaust it can give nice rewards.

Old 07-04-2007, 11:33 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

hmm if my woman didn't just yell at me and ban me from buying stuff for my truck with out her permission from now on...and nothing at all for 6 months... I'd get a TB my self... I geuss I shoulda did the TB and my tint and my shifter at the same time... :-D

Old 07-05-2007, 08:30 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: curtiplas

hmm if my woman didn't just yell at me and ban me from buying stuff for my truck with out her permission from now on...and nothing at all for 6 months... I'd get a TB my self... I geuss I shoulda did the TB and my tint and my shifter at the same time... :-D
Just buy the TB, have it shipped to work instead of home, then put it on when she's gone for the day [sm=devilgrin.gif]

Old 07-06-2007, 11:39 AM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

hahaha I wish I could do that I'd feel too guilty ... I orginally did that with my CAI and exhaust... then I made the mistake of telling her two weeks ago.... after I've had it for like 2 months... I just don't like lying to her...

Old 07-06-2007, 12:18 PM
luvmydak
Veteran

Wait a minute. Let me see if I've got this right. Some of you guys have to get permission or otherwise get your mods done on the sly or you get grief from wife or gf? Let me ask this.Do you treat your lady right, remember her birthday, anniversary, buy her something nice once in a while, take her out to dinner?Do the bills get paid on time, kids have clothes on their backs, food on the table? If the answer is yes to all of the above, what is her problem? You are entitled to your truck mods. If the answer is no to any or all, then shehas every right to be P.O.'d. Just my 2cents.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:21 PM
Billiam
Champion

ORIGINAL: luvmydak

Wait a minute. Let me see if I've got this right. Some of you guys have to get permission or otherwise get your mods done on the sly or you get grief from wife or gf? Let me ask this.Do you treat your lady right, remember her birthday, anniversary, buy her something nice once in a while, take her out to dinner?Do the bills get paid on time, kids have clothes on their backs, food on the table? If the answer is yes to all of the above, what is her problem? You are entitled to your truck mods. If the answer is no to any or all, then shehas every right to be P.O.'d. Just my 2cents.
Let me guess, your single.....

Quick Reply: Honestly..... which would you pick... and why?