3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Fire&Ice Pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 05:26 PM
judmoney00
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fire&Ice Pics

thanks for all the help here your answering all my questions before i ask them.....ya im going to get the brackets too this way its a secure fit and i dont have to worry about it.....and with our trucks being 1-2 years old you could never be too **** about anything...got to keep it looking good

Old 07-19-2007, 05:57 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They look great. Sorry I didn't respond earlier, I can't get pics to work on my computer at work for some reason.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:25 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Night_Runner

and a personal question about me. my front liscense plate trim cover thing i painted black and its got chips in it and faded some and my rear plate cover thing i panted black as well and it has faded. i was thinkin about maybe just getting them powdercoated. am i too ****?
If we were talking about most things I'd say maybe. But when we're talking about a truck [sm=forgetit.gif][sm=gears.gif]

Old 07-19-2007, 10:59 PM
Beazer
Rookie

Those are crimp splices, that's what I was referring to. Assuming the blue wire in your diagram is the one that goes to the light bar, all you have to do is cut the blue wire and crimpa male quick connecton one endand a femaleonthe otherend. There are two kinds, a bullet which is round and a regular flat. The round ones are better and easier to use. You can then just pull apart the quick connect to take your tailgate off andpush them back together when you put it back on. This is what they look like and they just crimp on the ends of the wires. You plug them together to make the connection and pull them apart to break it.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:45 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

thanks, i may just do that for a quick connect instead of one larger connection for all the wires, which i dont know how i would do that. also, glad i answered some questions and yes the blue wire in the diagram is going to the led bar...you can click that diagram to view larger...

Old 07-20-2007, 01:50 AM
Midnight Runner
Champion

That looks real nice.

Old 07-20-2007, 02:05 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

thanks midnight, i appreciate it...im startin to replace all my bulbs to led after having this bar its like apples and oranges

Quick Reply: Fire&Ice Pics