3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Stupid question time...Converting ST to SLT.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 06:36 PM
BrewerBob
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Stupid question time...Converting ST to SLT.

ORIGINAL: Handy05

i have a st and its a bench seat
Ina Quad cab?!!?

Old 07-31-2007, 06:49 PM
BrewerBob
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: texasbluedak

The holes should be there! I have an ST andmine came with the center console! I couldn't imagine not having that! I have another thread where I was trying to find out about the cruise control since our ST's have the blanks already there on the steering wheel. I'll agree with everyone else, good luck finding any junk yard parts. I finally found a totaled one, but it was at a local body shop (thats where I was getting the CC from), but the whole truck got bought as is within 3 days. None others around 30 miles of S.A. and there is a boat load of Dakotas here!! If you do find out the info please keep us ST owners up to date.
Alright somebody around here is full of ****!!

I was told I have an ST. I don't tend to believe salemen especially used car salesmen. So, what is it I'm driving?

I have real doors (not the half doors).
I have two seperate front seats.
Rear seat is a 60/40 split bench. They appear to flip down tho I haven't figured out how (not a pressing matter yet).
I also have cruise control.
I have the 3.7L with 4x4.
I have window cranks and manual locks.
I have AC and a radio with a single CD.
I do NOT have center console storage thingy.
There is no storage in the back except 2 cupholders that I can tell.
I have no ceiling storage (forgot what it was called from another thread).

For you techno-geeks, the VIN is 1D7HW28K56S.....

How damn many ST levels are there???

Old 07-31-2007, 06:54 PM
pro4x4
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I hate to say it but you should have bought an SLT. Trying to make one would be expensive. The one mounting clip that holds up my dome light broke and I have been searching everywhere for a new dome light and nothing comes up. Only the overhead console with the computer comes up. I don't have that. The dealer wants $65 bucks so I may end up spending that for a simple dome light. So good luck anyway.

Old 07-31-2007, 08:34 PM
texasbluedak

Okay, I have an 06' quadcab (crewcab) ST. It has the center console between the front seats. Back is the 60/40 split, but the bottom (where your butt sits) folds up on both sides and there is minimal storage under neath. I have the 3.7 auto, crank windows, no power locks, A/C, single CD player. Center console has a good amount of storage and an extra electical socket inside.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:46 PM
white26golf
Veteran

There are two packages for the ST, A and C. I have package C which comes with heated electric seats, middle console, and some other useless stuff. Making your windows electric with a factory look is going to be expensive, even if you do the work yourself. I had door poppers installed with my alarm system, and it works great. Locks when i start the truck, and unlocks when i turn it off. If you have any other questions, i will be around.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:50 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: BrewerBob

ORIGINAL: texasbluedak

The holes should be there! I have an ST andmine came with the center console! I couldn't imagine not having that! I have another thread where I was trying to find out about the cruise control since our ST's have the blanks already there on the steering wheel. I'll agree with everyone else, good luck finding any junk yard parts. I finally found a totaled one, but it was at a local body shop (thats where I was getting the CC from), but the whole truck got bought as is within 3 days. None others around 30 miles of S.A. and there is a boat load of Dakotas here!! If you do find out the info please keep us ST owners up to date.
Alright somebody around here is full of ****!!

I was told I have an ST. I don't tend to believe salemen especially used car salesmen. So, what is it I'm driving?

I have real doors (not the half doors).
I have two seperate front seats.
Rear seat is a 60/40 split bench. They appear to flip down tho I haven't figured out how (not a pressing matter yet).
I also have cruise control.
I have the 3.7L with 4x4.
I have window cranks and manual locks.
I have AC and a radio with a single CD.
I do NOT have center console storage thingy.
There is no storage in the back except 2 cupholders that I can tell.
I have no ceiling storage (forgot what it was called from another thread).

For you techno-geeks, the VIN is 1D7HW28K56S.....

How damn many ST levels are there???
Now yes there are two packages but yall gots to remember that each and every ST isn't gonna be the same ... each one has different options...you know

oh and btw... white25golf... when you mention GD... in ur signature... I mean most ppl don't know what GD is... sooo... do you work at GD or are you in the service??

Old 08-01-2007, 05:25 AM
white26golf
Veteran

I'm a Tank Commander in Mosul, Iraq right now. 10 months down, 5 more to go!

Old 08-01-2007, 11:50 AM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

OIC well than THANK YOU! for serving out there!!

The only reason I brought it up was because both my Dad and my Brother work at GD more specifically General Dynamics Land Systems... and my dad used to work on the M1A1 Abrams and my brother is currently working on the MGS

Old 08-01-2007, 05:54 PM
MonkeyWrench4000
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how do you not have a fold down 3rd seat between your pilots on the ST? Ive never heard of that. Really is it all worth it for a few power goodies? Call me old fashioned but on my truck, I think the less there is, the more reliable, lol. Crank windows cant break (well they could if I REALLY WANTED to break them) Manual locks, no problems. Stick shift, last forever.

I dont have a quad cab...maybe thats y I have 2 pilots with a split bench center?

Quick Reply: Stupid question time...Converting ST to SLT.