3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

*******Stick Driving********

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 09:08 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: GRRR!

You guys are spoiled

Old 08-15-2007, 11:30 AM
curtiplas
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I learned how to drive a manny on my uncles neon ACR about 7 months ago... and my truck is the 2nd car I've owned 1st manny tran... and well I very rarely stall... unless I'm talking and I forget its in gear when I'm parking... and I take my foot off the clutch... hehehe...

Old 08-15-2007, 12:26 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

ORIGINAL: curtiplas

Yeah I learned how to drive a manny on my uncles neon ACR about 7 months ago... and my truck is the 2nd car I've owned 1st manny tran... and well I very rarely stall... unless I'm talking and I forget its in gear when I'm parking... and I take my foot off the clutch... hehehe...
Don't you always feel like a genious when that happens?

I know the feeling though, always parked my car in gear with the ebrake on. A couple of times I'd get in, clutch in, start car, clutch out ... "wtf??? oh yeah still in gear, oops..."

Old 08-15-2007, 01:02 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

See I leave it in neutral with the E-Brake on... but sometimes I forget to put it in neutral before I put the e-brake on and I take the clutch out while the trucks still on... and I stall it out... not fun...

Old 08-15-2007, 01:10 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

If I were you I wouldn't trust only the ebrake, leaving it in gear also seems much safer. Just my 2 cents tho

Old 08-15-2007, 01:14 PM
mb18
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Altair

If I were you I wouldn't trust only the ebrake, leaving it in gear also seems much safer. Just my 2 cents tho
I very much 2nd that one....that's a lot safer, especially on hills.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:16 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

To be honest I don't know many ppl who leave it in gear as well as the E-Brake... the dealer is the only one who does that where I live... that I know of anyway... my 40-some year old uncle has been usin' only the E-brake since he's been drivin manuals...and has been drivin manuals since he was 18... no probs..

eh... sorry if I'm comin off like a Dick... not tryin to... just havin' a rough day... and I feel like ****... and I'm tired... and I've been up since 5:00am this mornin... and I have to go on a 16 hour round trip drive starting tonight at 10:30pm... not fun... good news is I'll be a hell of alot closer to Frenchy so I can take care of our plan... hehehe...

Old 08-15-2007, 01:20 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

ORIGINAL: curtiplas

To be honest I don't know many ppl who leave it in gear as well as the E-Brake... the dealer is the only one who does that where I live... that I know of anyway... my 40-some year old uncle has been usin' only the E-brake since he's been drivin manuals...and has been drivin manuals since he was 18... no probs..

eh... sorry if I'm comin off like a Dick... not tryin to... just havin' a rough day... and I feel like ****... and I'm tired... and I've been up since 5:00am this mornin... and I have to go on a 16 hour round trip drive starting tonight at 10:30pm... not fun... good news is I'll be a hell of alot closer to Frenchy so I can take care of our plan... hehehe...
Details! Spill it now!!! [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 08-15-2007, 01:27 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

Who was it me and you or was it DakotaStone... I forget now... and I'm way to lazy to find the old post... but the plan was to steal frenchy's transmission for the other person, and his Engine,Rims, and Tires for me... hehehe...

... don't tell him okay... [sm=ts.gif]

Old 08-15-2007, 01:30 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

Ohhh yeah the "plan", my bad. Let me know when you've taken delivery of the "goods"