3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Nipples

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Blu_Dak
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nipples

Alright now that I've got yur attentionanybody here greese there trucks themselfs?if so are the any greese fitting "nipples" for the front end.
Reason why IM asking,It seems as I have some kind of clanging nosie when hitting bumps.I 1st thought it was pads or calliper but while hitting unwanted pot holes/and manhole covers I'll apply the break and I still here the noise.As time goes on it don't seem to go I assume it'll get worse.
Sooooo IM thinking it could be a simple greese fix.
Any help would be great.

Blu_

Old 08-13-2007, 07:58 PM
Dak_in_Black
Veteran
Default RE: Nipples

To be quite honest, I have no clue where any of the damned things are!

IIRC according to the sheet I got from amsoil there are 22 grease fittings on the truck.
I've looked through the manual, but haven't really found anything...then again, I haven't really looked very hardeither...

Old 08-13-2007, 09:38 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a blown shock to me, I'm on my third blown one. I'd take it in if you're still under warranty and ask them to check it out. Best part is the front shocks are on backorder nationwide (hmm, anyone at Chrysler noticing something wrong yet? lol)

Old 08-13-2007, 09:58 PM
jimboscomp
All Star

i know my front shocks are shot....but...i'm waiting until i have confirmation that bilstein has shocks out for our trucks before i do anything...it'd just be a waste of my stinkin time to have the dealer put in new stock shocks and just have them go out AGAIN

Old 08-14-2007, 08:11 AM
graythang
Record Breaker

There are no grease fittings. Permanently sealed joints. There are after market kits that you drill into the cover plate and tap in a fitting in case you want to start a lube routine but it’s really not necessary. If you have suspension noise its time to replace parts with better grade aftermarket parts.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:32 AM
Dak_in_Black
Veteran

At this point I'll take anything over the OEM shocks.

I guess it's a 'race' between Monroe and Bilstein as to who comes out with something first....
Hopefully they come out about the same time, if Bilstein is a little slow, they may lose some customers who just cannot wait any longer to replace the shocks...

Old 08-14-2007, 09:19 AM
4x4QC06V8DKTA
Veteran

yeah why did they make the front suspension so soft? like seriously did they even test drive it before they released it the way it is? wow talk about it looks like i'm on high Drolycs driving down the high way and hitting a littel bit of a dip!

Old 08-14-2007, 10:33 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a bump I hit every day on the way to work (usually at about 75 because it's on the highway and I'm always trying to pass someone before I take the exit there, lol). I swear it takes all 4 wheels off the ground, the truck does this little "hey I'm floating" thing then bounces like a 60's buick on factory suspension...

Old 08-14-2007, 11:53 AM
4x4QC06V8DKTA
Veteran

yeah i know how you feel! but seriously why did they make it that soft upfront? i mean if guys are blowing shocks all over the country...Like I don't remember who said it but "shocks are on back order" wouldn't someone kinda take notice to that??

Old 08-14-2007, 04:12 PM
Blu_Dak
Veteran

I did look for the fittings half hartedly but figured it was a sealed system/or out of sight type.

Rich youre on # 3 replacement shock?WTF!
What did they say when you brought it in,did you have to fight w/ them or where they cool about it.I don't want to bring my Baby in to the Stealership I have a thing with them. warrenty parts suddenly arise when you bring it in & now everybody's got there hand in my truck and the quarter panels are all scratched up.OooooMan thathad better not happen !Ooooo!IM already getting fired up!

GT
No I do not need any more self inflicted projects like creating greese fitting and hitting them every so offten[:@]Also I refuse to buy after market shocks (if thats the problem) and put them in!The fu(kin truck is warrented
for another4yrs./35K & No offence really,but no thanks,I've got enough projects @ my House that I rather do I give my truck tons of attention I don't wanna do something I really don't need to do.

Blu_

Quick Reply: Nipples