3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Gas Pedal Creak

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007 | 07:47 PM
Frenchy
Banned
Default RE: Gas Pedal Creak

I can drive in town, eat food, and still drive mine fine...

You guys suck at driving manuals. :-)

Oh, and I can text message as well... just gotta learn the style, guys!! :-)

Old 08-20-2007 | 09:34 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

showoff, i can do all of that stuff too

i have a 5 sp automatic tho

Old 08-21-2007 | 08:50 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

Yeah I have eaten or talked on the phone and drove around town too... its just ppl don't think I can and ppl know when I'm drivin so they don't call me very often when I'm driving.. LOL... not by my choice I don't really care... :-P

Old 09-11-2007 | 01:55 PM
ScottD
|
Amateur

Well I re-routed the throttle cable under the heater hoses (to give it some slack) and that didn't do anything. At this point I think the cable is not the issue.

Old 09-12-2007 | 08:10 AM
superdak05
Champion

go to the local hobby store and pick up a bottle of graphite and run it up or down the inside the housing. this will stop it from creaking.

Old 09-12-2007 | 08:16 AM
ScottD
|
Amateur

Thanks ... but not sure what you mean by inside the housing. Can you explain a little more? You mean the hole in the firewall? Or on the cable itself? Any further info greatly appreciated. I really love this truck but this creaking is driving me nucking futs! I expect my 86 Omni to creak but not my 06 Dakota :-)

Old 09-12-2007 | 04:16 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: ScottD

I really love this truck but this creaking is driving me nucking futs!
God I know what cha mean... I mean that noise post I made last month... yeah they replaced the sway bar links...but that did nothing for the noise I'm getting... I know its something stupid like some piece of plastic rubbing in the steering column housing..but I can't find it and its really noticeable somedays... and god I just wanna beat the $hit out of something sometimes...cuz its sooo annoying on days with alot of city driving...

Old 09-12-2007 | 05:38 PM
ScottD
|
Amateur

That's what drives me crazy. Some days it isn't there at all, other times it is very noticeable and you can feel it in the pedal sometimes too, it definitely makes the noise when I'm getting into or letting off the throttle. It isn't interior trim because I've taken all that off and driven around and still have the noise. I've also taken off the trim on the column, that didn't do it either. My dealer zip tied the throttle cable to the heater hoses to keep it from moving, it went away fora little while and then came back. I tried different zip tie arrangements with no luck. I can definitely hear it most when I'm shifting gears and letting off and then getting back on the gas. Very very frustrating at this point. I'm trying to avoid going back to the dealer if I can but may have to.

Old 09-12-2007 | 06:58 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

Yeah I have the same problem with my noise only mine is a sorta sqeaul when I turn the steering wheel...

Old 09-12-2007 | 07:29 PM
ScottD
|
Amateur

Mine will also creak when I turn the wheel, but that is very infrequent. This is why people are buying foreign vehicles, you pay all this money you don't want to deal with issues like this!

I just fooled with it some more and no luck. It is annoying to keep fiddling with it, take it out for a test run, and hear the noise within a few seconds of driving.

Quick Reply: Gas Pedal Creak