3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Horrible

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007 | 11:05 AM
mb18
Record Breaker
Default RE: Horrible

Isn't the Ridgeline FWD? Even if it isn't, it's a joke of a vehicle...there's just some companies that shouldn't try to make trucks.

Old 09-04-2007 | 11:12 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

ok i agree with you, and i never said that it was a truck, i just said that it was hideous and how about we just keep all imports out of mention from now on?

Old 09-04-2007 | 11:58 AM
Frenchy
Banned

Ok, Honda, Eff... them... end of that...

I agree with dodgerules(i think it was) that was talking about the mpgs... I can average myself 17 - 18 mpg in town, in my 4wd v8 6spd... I CAN get 23.8mpg on the highway if I'm in no hurry and I travel 60mph... (these are hand calculated) our trucks are actually rather fuel efficient with the right mods, and not pummeling the pedal at every stop light... right now, however, I am averaging about 15 - 16 mpg straight in town... cuz I like to go fast sometimes....

Anyways, deal with what you got... do proper things to her, and she'll treat you good.

Old 09-04-2007 | 12:48 PM
viper359
Professional

This ridgeline.... It is almost has hidious as the Aztec... hahahaha.... Not in all seriousness, Frenchy hit it on the head, maintain her, treat her nice, and she will be a faithful truck and always be there for you. Well, until your *** end blows out. I am not a huge import fan, but I do understand why they are doing so well. Domestic based companys really suffered in their quality department for many years. This is the first vehicle I have driven lately that I actually feel was made well, and will be dependable. I just hope it stays that way.

Old 09-04-2007 | 01:01 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

ORIGINAL: viper359

This ridgeline.... It is almost has hidious as the Aztec... hahahaha.... Not in all seriousness, Frenchy hit it on the head, maintain her, treat her nice, and she will be a faithful truck and always be there for you. Well, until your *** end blows out. I am not a huge import fan, but I do understand why they are doing so well. Domestic based companys really suffered in their quality department for many years. This is the first vehicle I have driven lately that I actually feel was made well, and will be dependable. I just hope it stays that way.
My family has had Dodge and GM trucks for as long as I can remember, right now we have something like 5 trucks (My parents run an electrical contracting company). All of them are well made and have been very dependable over the years, my grandfather's 96 ram he had up until 2 years ago was pretty much indestructible (rolled on the highway at 85mph, bought back from insurance and drove it home w/o doing anything to it, bit of body work later it was like new). That truck's still being used by the guy who bought it off him getting close to 300,000 miles. So I'm always a little puzzled when I hear people talking about horrible domestic quality...

Old 09-04-2007 | 01:52 PM
viper359
Professional

Okay, let’s face some reality here. First, so I don’t get flamed to hard for what I am about to say, I am the biggest Ford and Dodge fan going. Now on to the truth about the Domestic 3. Quality and GM, Ford, Dodge, are not generally thought with each other by the large consumer groups as of late. When the Domestic 3 were flying high, they did little to improve their vehicle quality or their vehicle line-ups. They totally brushed off the Import 3’s threat. The Domestic 3 had many embarrassing recalls, pain in the *** dealers who jerked people around with warranties and many other simple, easy to fix problems. Instead of trying to create new things the consumer would want, they stuck with the old, or the just plain ugly. The Import 3 became innovative, and creative. This lead to their push into the North American market. Then add things like JD power ratings, and reviews, and dependability guides, and this hurts them more. Rather than accept that they have competition, they did nothing, and now.... Honda is 2nd place and climbing. Honda (only as an example of an import) makes their vehicle for the consumer... IPod connections, more than one damn power adaptor (unlike my SLT Quad Dakota!!) and many other baseline options. They were the first to mass produce these into their vehicles... They drive consumer innovation and try to determine what else the consumer might want. What did the big three do?? Nothing, or at least very little. They just followed what everyone else did. It took the Tundra to get Ford off its **** and start a revamp on their pissy engine. Again, just an example. The Tundra got GM’s attention after it left the drawing board, now look.... JD Power’s Best Truck of 2007.... The Silverado. Most on forums such as this are mechanically inclined. This is not the general buying consumer. I am not very mechanical. I do not like it when things go wrong with my vehicles because of a cheap part, or poor craftsmanship. I do not like going to the stealership to fight with them about fixing a problem. Once the Big 3 get infront of the ball, things will improve, but right now, they are still following suit for the most part. GM it seems has awakened. Their new warranty, new line-ups, and most of all, how their dealers handle customers. I hope Dodge, now being owned privately will change soon. This might be the best thing to ever happen. Owners want profit, and to get profit, you have to have good product. So, my fingers are crossed. As for Ford, I still cannot tell what they hell they are thinking. Do I believe Domestic or Imports are more dependable? No, I think it is the luck of the draw. I think each manufacture has had some bad designs, but it appears they are changing it. I believe its not the actual problems that moved people away, I think it was the lack of acceptance for responsibility of the issues with their vehicles that hurt them. I do know that soon, imports won’t be called that, as they are building more and more vehicles here, while the big 3, build more and more in mexico and other parts of the world. Teehee.

Old 09-04-2007 | 02:14 PM
RP Racing940
Record Breaker

If you want a mid-size truck, with the ability to do full size work periodically, the only thing that could do it was the dakota....(now the colorado too)
Hell the colorado can barely pull 4000lbs much less get out of its own way. Its the same size as the S series it replaced. And the S series was more of a truck than the colorado/canyon ever could be.

And +1 to who ever said "If you want mileage, buy a civic". Bitching about gas mileage with a dodge truck is like bitching about a H3 getting stuck in 3" of mud.

Old 09-04-2007 | 03:12 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

ORIGINAL: RP Racing940

If you want a mid-size truck, with the ability to do full size work periodically, the only thing that could do it was the dakota....(now the colorado too)
Hell the colorado can barely pull 4000lbs much less get out of its own way. Its the same size as the S series it replaced. And the S series was more of a truck than the colorado/canyon ever could be.

And +1 to who ever said "If you want mileage, buy a civic". Bitching about gas mileage with a dodge truck is like bitching about a H3 getting stuck in 3" of mud.
Well said, my friend sold his 98 S10 ZR2 recently and one of the guys thinking about buying it was going to "downgrade" from his Colorado. The S10 had it on all fronts except year and miles, only reason the guy didn't go for it was the 196,000 miles scared him a little.

As far as what viper said on reliability, I honestly don't trust most of the consumer organizations, especially CR. You'd practically have to be blind to not see CR's bias for Toyota. I'm just saying from my own experience domestic trucks are and have been rock solid reliable for quite some time.

Old 09-04-2007 | 03:46 PM
viper359
Professional

Oh, well said. I have no qualms about trucks, I meant vehicles in general, and their preception with the consumer.

Old 09-04-2007 | 04:10 PM
Blu_Dak
Veteran

I honestly think he is a fly by nighter and cruised to this site just rouse us!JMO
Cause WTFIH?!?!

Blu_

Quick Reply: Horrible