3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Change to LED's

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 04:41 PM
mb18
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Change to LED's

Drew's right...no resistors needed for the reverse lights. I am a bit disappointed with mine, though...they aren't nearly as bright as I thought they should be. I'm keeping them, but I wasn't as happy with them as I was the tail lights. I got the 18 LED High Power SMTs from VLEDs.com.

Old 10-24-2007, 04:47 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

ORIGINAL: mb18

Drew's right...no resistors needed for the reverse lights. I am a bit disappointed with mine, though...they aren't nearly as bright as I thought they should be. I'm keeping them, but I wasn't as happy with them as I was the tail lights. I got the 18 LED High Power SMTs from VLEDs.com.
his are like the pic below. mine are like his, but instead of 18 LED High Power SMTs, mine were 24 LED High Power SMTs. they had 6 more surface mounts than the ones pictured. they were quite a bit bigger. i also was disappointed, they arnt as bright as i thought they should be either, however, the color is a lot whiter, which is a plus, but honestly, they are about the same brightness as the stocks. right now i dont see the 24 led high power smt's on vleds.com

Old 10-24-2007, 06:44 PM
pro4x4
Veteran

I've had silverstars in the last truck I had plus my dakota and have never been pulled over. I wouldn't worry about it. Going with hid lights now that could be a problem. And to answer a question about how are the cops going to know. They can look up the vin number and see if they are factory installed hid lights or just contact a dealer. Once upon a time I was going to be a cop went through the academy and everything. But when there's 4000 people applying for 4 openings it was very hard to get hired. I know here in Pa the cops have a vehicle code book and it tells you whats legal and not legal. Heck most cop cars have computers so they could go to dodges web site.

Old 10-25-2007, 08:29 AM
mb18
Record Breaker

Thanks. I'm probably going to install them in a few weeks. I have Thanksgiving weekend pegged to change out the spark plugs, add the LED front turns, and new headlights.

Quick Reply: Change to LED's