3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Jet Chip

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 10:21 PM
tuffone20
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet Chip

I'm going to be ordering the stage 2 Jet Chip for my 06 Dakota and I was talking to the parts guy at my dealership about it and he said for me to make sure when ever I bring the truck in for service to remove it and put the other one back in. Anyone here have any thoughts about that and if I should do it even if it's just for an oil change?

Old 09-13-2007, 10:57 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Jet Chip

My dealership never said anything, so I wouldn't worry about it, but then again, every dealership is different.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:01 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

ORIGINAL: tuffone20

I'm going to be ordering the stage 2 Jet Chip for my 06 Dakota and I was talking to the parts guy at my dealership about it and he said for me to make sure when ever I bring the truck in for service to remove it and put the other one back in. Anyone here have any thoughts about that and if I should do it even if it's just for an oil change?
Just do the oil change yourself and take it off if you have to bring it to the dealer for anything serious

Old 09-14-2007, 08:47 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

its a simple push on or pull off. so go ahead and do it. the dealer might be a ***** and give you some hassle for it

Old 09-15-2007, 12:36 AM
JAB02LHS
Veteran

If they see it and want to F with you, into the computer it goes and out of the computer goes your warrenty

Old 09-15-2007, 10:11 AM
tuffone20
Professional

The people at my dealership are really good and I don't think they would mess with me about it, but you never know just the same, so I will remove it before taking it in for service. And yeah I could change the oil myself, but why get dirty if I don't have to and besides I like talking to the parts guy and he always hooks me up better good when I need something. Like the time I was moving and I lost the only key I had for my Neon! when I called I was told it would run $65 plus reprograming and the parts guy got it for me for $35 out the door!
Thanks for all the input everyone!!

Old 09-15-2007, 03:06 PM
Frenchy
Banned

Did you really just write...

"but why get dirty if I don't have to"

Isn't that the fun of owning a vehicle?

Wow...

Ok.

Old 09-15-2007, 06:15 PM
Dak_in_Black
Veteran

When I took the truck in for some warranty work, and they gave the truck the once over.
On the inpection sheet printout, they were very quick to note that I had 'aftermarket tint' on my windows...WTF

I never take any of my rides to get fixed unless I cannot do it myself...and if it does have to go to the shop, unless it is warranty work, it does not go to the dealer...

Old 09-15-2007, 07:38 PM
tuffone20
Professional

I knew that one was coming as soon as I posted that one!! And yeah that is part of the fun, but if I don't have to change my own oil I'd just as soon have some one else do it.......[sm=lame.gif]I know

Quick Reply: Jet Chip