3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Yes, I am a Dodge noob with a ???.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007 | 09:48 AM
daary
Default RE: Yes, I am a Dodge noob with a ???.

Popped in the 3923 plugs about 2 weeks ago (while on a conference call with work ), let her go for 2 weeks of normal in-town driving, and it appears the miss has lessened a LOT (still there but not shaking the gatoraide in the cup holder as bad). Odd thing, fuel mileage went from 12.5 MPG in town (all short trips) to 10.1 mpg....about crapped when I filled it up. Re-checked with the Scan tool (cleared all codes after changing plugs) and still shows #2 & #4 with mifires (350 -400) in 80 miles driving, going to pull the coils and check resistance (probably should have done that first) andpull the plugs to see how they look to see what turns up.

Oddly enough, BEFORE the factory changed the plugs, the truck (I filled it up to check) ran @ 14.8 MPG, and I have not changed the way I drive, dropped to 12.5 after they changed the plugs. and 10.1 after I changed the plugs, something definitely is not right. May go ahead and put the cold-air intake on it as well while in there (gets DAAAANG cold here in winter and the truck sits outside so been hesitant) just to help it out a bit.

The 06 4.7 definitely likes the autolote 3923 better (now a local parts dealer actually shows the 3922 for the 06 4.7 on-line as well), thanks for the tip there, much appreciated.
Darrell

Quick Reply: Yes, I am a Dodge noob with a ???.