3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 11:42 PM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF?

Look at the TOTM, to almost stock 3rd gen rams against a nice 2nd gen dakota R/T and the dak is losing? I have nothing against rams, If I could affored a new one I would have another. Probably even a CTD but come on, this is a joke. hardly anyone votes for the nicer truck anymore.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:17 AM
Night_Runner
Champion
Default RE: WTF?

ill check it out, but that is a sad truth

Old 11-08-2007, 08:14 AM
mb18
Record Breaker

It's still early. Look how Coondog made his comeback and won....eventually those who appreciate hard work and awesomeness will vote.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally I don't vote solely based on mods, it's also based on the style of the truck. To be honest I came very close to voting for lilfrogger, sincity's wheels really kill the truck for me, still ended up voting for him after looking through the galleries. All three of them are nice trucks I don't really think it's fair to fault people for voting for the one they like, the other two do have some work done to them, just nowhere near the amount sincity has done, but they're not bone-stock.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:15 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

he's in the lead now......... but if he doesnt win this, then I give up on TOTM. he has one of the best trucks on this site. those are nice rams he's up against, but he has put alot of work into his. and thats his 4th or 5th R/T he bought that one maybe acouple months ago almost stock.....

Old 11-08-2007, 11:32 PM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

Like I said, I have nothing against rams and like the body style of them. I just see almost every month how a stockish looking ram beats a well modded dakota. the way the ram guys talk (there is a post on there now about why should he vote for a "pint sized truck") they have there minds set before they even see the trucks.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:26 AM
mb18
Record Breaker

There's just more of them than there is of us. We just have to hope that some of them see the hard work that went into that Dak and consider that as part of their vote. Though, I think one of the Rams has some performance mods (might look stock, but not under the hood).

Old 11-09-2007, 12:29 PM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

I voted already, leave me the hell alone.... I actually broke my cardinal rule and cast a vote based on the person who owns it rather than the one I thought was best looking or had best mods. Oh well, I guess I'm only human.
Don't worry froger, the CTD community will rise up together and continue to rule the TOTM thread .

I give up with TOTM all it is is what motor you have, not who has the nicest truck