3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

NEEDED: Pics of aftmkt Bumper Guards

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 12:53 PM
studlyblueiz
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NEEDED: Pics of aftmkt Bumper Guards

I need pics of Bumper/Bull Guards. My Dakota is black with no chrome accessoriesand I'm trying to decide between black or chrome. It'd be nice to see the Black Dakota's but happy to see anything
[ol][*]Show a pic[*]Manufacturer/item #[*]Where you got it from[*]Cost[*]Do you like it[/ol]
Thanks

Old 11-14-2007, 04:54 PM
AdidasCJ
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEEDED: Pics of aftmkt Bumper Guards

Ask and you shall receive!

Westin make it / DOnt know the part #
I think i spent like 200 or so on it.
I love it, has saved my front end a few times.

I know jimbo has a full face guard on his, i just dont know who makes it etc etc

Old 11-14-2007, 05:31 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

I think Westin calls that the "Ultimate bull bar". Also pretty sure Jimbo's is made by DeeZee.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:42 PM
Lil Blue322
Veteran

Is there any other companies that sell after market bumper guards?

Old 11-14-2007, 05:54 PM
teva_feet
Professional

I've got the Westin ultimate bullbar in chrome (p/n 32-1660) and think it looks damn sharp....pics in my gallery if you'd like a look see....also saved my front end a few times (you can see a slight dent from where some a-hole UPS driver hit me)

install went easy enough other then one of the bolts was a bit sticky and needed an impact wrench to remove it

I do have a question for AdidasCJ .....did you add the light mounts on the top bar?

Old 11-14-2007, 06:29 PM
jimboscomp
All Star

I have the DeeZee bull guard you can get on AutoAnything, it was like $404.00, free shipping. And I love it. Just ask Chris, It protected me and the woman I tapped one time, didn't even cause scratches or dents (of course i BARELY tapped her), I rammed a mountain with it, I got pulled by it over a rock, and it protects my headlights from rocks.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24683/E79434B3E4E9432FAF71B6F8F5992632.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/24683/AB14CF8C05E04E17BB510BAF640723BD.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/24683/8048B3BD788F46F0A381D0748E222F81.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-14-2007, 07:10 PM
AdidasCJ
Veteran

ORIGINAL: teva_feet

I do have a question for AdidasCJ .....did you add the light mounts on the top bar?
I did add the hole up top. I just drilled ontop, took the dremal to the bottom, and inset the hole just enough to were i can adjust them without taking the bottom lights out.

And to testify to jumbos bumper... yea its all true... Jimbo had ran into mountains, hit NUMORUS rocks, been pulled out by it, you name it, it its hittin that guard, its taken the beatin!

Old 11-14-2007, 07:47 PM
studlyblueiz
Veteran

Thanks guys for postin up some pics. Keep em coming if there are any other variations.

I coulda used one to save my grille last Friday. The wife went deer hunting. Now it needs a new hood, grille, hood latch, a/c condensor, and a few other things. $3690-thank goodness for insurance...0 deduct.

Now that she doesn't like hunting by car and shouldn't be to hard to pry some money out for the "Anti-deer guard"

Old 11-15-2007, 08:41 AM
AdidasCJ
Veteran

HOLY ****, i hope you wife was ok.... And if you want more protection from a deer, go with the one jimbo has. The one i have would do nothing vs a deer... I use mine more for sliding on rocks.... Jimbo hit a mountain with his so i know its beefy....

Old 11-15-2007, 12:43 PM
studlyblueiz
Veteran

Yeah she's ok. thanks for askin. I think it's pretty funny actually. If you could have seen thenthe deer and truck you'd probably laugh too. But I'll just explain what at.

She was doing 50mph [sm=gears.gif]when the deer sprinted out in front. By the time she hit the deer, its head made it past the driver headlight. She hit that thing so freakin hard that its head swung into the fender andmade a huge dent. Not only that, it vomitted at the same time.[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

When I finally got there I saw the deer on the side with its tounge hangin out. I looked at the truck to check the damage and saw these long colored drizzle marks on the driver side of the truck with grass in it...it may cruel but thats funny...to be hit so hard it had time to vomit.

Anyways keep the pics comin

Quick Reply: NEEDED: Pics of aftmkt Bumper Guards