3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Loweirng kits

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 11:40 AM
Bigboywithav8
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loweirng kits

Ok i have been reading most of the post on here and i have seen that people talk about lifting there trucks or levelling them but those any one know of a lowering kit i just want to lower it a coulple of inches so it handdles better at higher speed .

Old 11-15-2007, 12:04 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Loweirng kits

Only thing I know of that's available currently is the 2" rear lowering shackles. Not sure who makes them, superdak05 has them on his truck, he would know.

Old 11-15-2007, 12:08 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i purchased the springtech lowering kit. got them off of ebay from canauck motorsports. there is another thread on here also.

Old 11-15-2007, 01:44 PM
Bigboywithav8

ok thanxs for the advice i had seen those shackels but i was hopping there was something else out there and one more thing were do yall get your 180 thormostats i have called all my parts stores and they say they dont carrie such a thing

Old 11-15-2007, 07:36 PM
scottscan
Professional

man i gave up on lowering kits ,i have been waiting 2 years now . after i got my new wheels and tires i had to do something. on the front i cut 1 1/3 rounds out of the front coils . that lowered the front 2" . for the rear i already had the lowering shackles so i removed the bottom leafs , turned it over and put it back on top of the stack, and then used leaf spring clamps to hold them together so the over load spring would still carry it's load when needed. since this picture i made some shackle extensions , the rear is down 3" total now. the rear is now 1/2" higher than the front , almost level. the ride is a little stiffer but it needed to be these trucks bounce too much. i hope someone will do us a lowering kit soi cando mine right. but this will have to do for now !!!!!!!

HPIM0392.jpg

HPIM0387.jpg

Old 11-15-2007, 10:43 PM
Bigboywithav8

Hey thax for the info scottscan im going to try that i found some clips to lower the springs so i wont have to cut them so incase i have to go back to factory specswere did you find the leaf spring clamps are the specific to our truck or are the universal . K last thing by any chance you would not have a part number for the 180 thermo i found one and gave it to my part store near my job and they gave me a 160 im having trouble finding the thermo for my 2006 v8 quad cab larmie

Old 11-16-2007, 08:29 AM
scottscan
Professional

i tried the coil clips that pull the coils together , bad idea , the ride sucked big time . when you hit a bump the truck would do a sesaw kind of thing. and it took forever to put those on . i pulled 4 rounds of the coil spring together on each side of the strut and it only lowered it about 1".

got the leaf spring clamps from autozone. they are universal to fit leafs up to 2 1/2" which we have.

from an old thread ::
It appears the 3.7 and 4.7 use the same standard oem stat. If this is the case, then the NAPA 180º Superstat #530080 will also fit the 3.7. You do need to put a notch on the edge to match the orginial stat so the gasket will fit correctly, There is a raised spot on the inside edge of the gasket that matches the notch. A good metal file works well. Use the orginial gasket or the smart and better choice get a replacement gasket from the dodge dealer. Thermostat cost $7.00. This stat will lower your operating temp.

just tring to help ?????

Old 11-16-2007, 10:11 AM
Bigboywithav8

K thanx ill try to locate one while im at work today see if i can get it to work im guessing the 160 is going to be to cold .

Quick Reply: Loweirng kits