3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Might be in the wrong place

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 02:25 AM
wyattc329
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Might be in the wrong place

ORIGINAL: BACKnBLACK

Wyatt, nice truck. I noticed you installed the fog lights on the ST bumper. That is my next big mod (to happen when it gets warmer when spring rolls around). How did you do it? Any thing I should know in advance or special tool?

Thanks man, and yes I did install the fog lights on an ST. Far as special tool goes... well don't cut yourself with whatever knife you use lol. I just went to good ol walmart bought an $8 hunting knife, $ 7 worth of wire and $39.99 fog lights (well from Autozone) lol.

But you just got the bumper pieces out, if you look close enough, theres a slight ridge to follow almost a perfect outline, i spliced into the parking lights so whenever they are on, the fog lights are as well. Then I took a flat piece of metal and bolted the fog lights to the piece of metal. All in all, the installation took 20 mins. And saved me well over $100 for the "factory fog lights"

Old 11-17-2007, 10:50 AM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker

welcome to the site, sorry to hear about your grandfather, sucks i know the way it feels, i would start off with a KN intake, then go straight to Magnaflow exhaust i have that on my truck and love it wouldnt have done it any other way, well enjoy the site!

Old 11-19-2007, 08:54 AM
mb18
Record Breaker

Welcome to the forum! As someone who just lost a grandfather too, I offer my condolences to you and your family. Hope you enjoy many memories of him in your new truck.

Quick Reply: Might be in the wrong place