3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Might be in the wrong place

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 09:24 AM
lowcountrykid
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Might be in the wrong place

Hey guys im new to the dodge dakota"world" and i just had my Grandfather passed away and he left me his 05 quad cab larmie Dak with only 25K on itwith lots of extras.I had an 04 Ranger that i lifted and im tryin to sell but im not sure where to start with the Dak so if i could get some help with some ideas that would be great.

Old 11-16-2007, 09:32 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Default RE: Might be in the wrong place

ORIGINAL: lowcountrykid

Hey guys im new to the dodge dakota"world" and i just had my Grandfather passed away and he left me his 05 quad cab larmie Dak with only 25K on itwith lots of extras.I had an 04 Ranger that i lifted and im tryin to sell but im not sure where to start with the Dak so if i could get some help with some ideas that would be great.
Welcome to DodgeForum!!!!!!!! My condolences on your grandfather, as I know how that can feel. Ironically, one of our moderators, Natedogg625, had a similar situation. His grandpa passed and let him his 2nd gen Dakota. Needless to say, you'll find alot of great help and good people here.

The people I would talk to or look for posts in this section by are DakotaStone, Frenchy, Night Runner, and jimboscomp just to name a few....they've done great things with their trucks.

You can also view a few stickied threads at the top of the section. If you need any help, feel free to give any of us a yell!

Make sure to check these links out for basic forum instructions on how to get a photo gallery, pictures, and more!!!!

How to post a picture

How to create a photo gallery

Upload an Avatar picture

Adding your signature picture

How to do a print screen picture

How-to: Embedding your picture in a post

Old 11-16-2007, 09:33 AM
wyattc329
Veteran

What is your overall goal for it? I started with what I considered essentials. Tonnaeu covers and the other everyday stuff. Then I went to rims, then stereo, now I'm going performance.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:46 AM
MonkeyWrench4000
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your in the right place. Any questions about getting a few more inches off the ground, we can help with that too.

Wyatt Ive never seen you on here before, but i really like the rims, what did you buy painted black steelies and then use your center cap from the stock wheels? They look good.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:16 PM
lowcountrykid
Professional

Thanks guys ..ive got the line X and a low pro tool box and i was thinkin about a cold air intake and a fastman TB and maybe a flowmaster or two or borla..ive got 2 JBL 10' subs im thinkin about puttin on..on our Gen. what is there as far as lowering kits??

Old 11-16-2007, 11:33 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off welcome to DF! Real sorry to hear about your grandfather. I got my Dakota from my grandfather after my grandmother passed away, he decided to sell both vehicles and get something else.

Thanks guys ..ive got the line X and a low pro tool box and i was thinkin about a cold air intake and a fastman TB and maybe a flowmaster or two or borla..ive got 2 JBL 10' subs im thinkin about puttin on..on our Gen. what is there as far as lowering kits??
Lowering kits, only thing out there right now I know of are the springtech 2" rear lowering shackles.

I'd also check out the Cherry Bomb Vortex muffler, I had both resonators removed and that muffler installed on mine, sounds great! Here's a link to thier sound clip, sounds just like it does on my truck: http://www.cherrybomb.com/manager/pr...akota_4-7L.mp3

You should put some pictures up too

Old 11-16-2007, 11:44 PM
AdidasCJ
Veteran

Welcome. My condolances about your grandfather passing. A huge verity of people on this site. Someone is bound to know the awnser. and dont ever feel stupid to ask! Hell we all ask questions!

Old 11-17-2007, 12:14 AM
BACKnBLACK
Professional

lowcountrykid, welcome to DF. I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your Grandfather. If you have questions or need help, there are plenty of folks on here that know there stuff and will be willing to lend a hand.

Old 11-17-2007, 12:15 AM
BACKnBLACK
Professional

Wyatt, nice truck. I noticed you installed the fog lights on the ST bumper. That is my next big mod (to happen when it gets warmer when spring rolls around). How did you do it? Any thing I should know in advance or special tool?

Old 11-17-2007, 02:21 AM
wyattc329
Veteran

ORIGINAL: MonkeyWrench4000

Your in the right place. Any questions about getting a few more inches off the ground, we can help with that too.

Wyatt Ive never seen you on here before, but i really like the rims, what did you buy painted black steelies and then use your center cap from the stock wheels? They look good.
I've always had an account, but I was pulling 90 hours a week for a LONG time, so never had time to get online.

YesI did use the center caps, the center caps for the rims were almost the exact same and $30 a piece.... So I said forget that.

And thanks, I know its not like some of the other trucks I've seen on here, but taking it one step at a time!

Quick Reply: Might be in the wrong place