3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Help - rear blocks

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007 | 12:39 PM
Night_Runner
|
Champion
Default Help - rear blocks

as some of you know, im looking into a front leveling kit. the leveling kits out are roughly 2-2.5" of lift up front. i would like to keep a SLIGHT rake, so i would like some blocks in the rear, just 1-1.5" of lift out back.

i have read that the things that go up front are roughly 1" but provide the 2-2.5" of lift needed. is this the same for the rear? if so, what size blocks could i get for out back, and can you guys direct me to a specific product line or place to get them?

help and general input/thoughs are much appreciated

drew

Old 11-26-2007 | 01:41 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Default RE: Help - rear blocks

Just curious do you want the rake for the look or just so it won't sag when towing? If it's the second choice have you seen these things? http://www.supersprings.com/howitworks.asp

Edit: Fixed the link

Old 11-26-2007 | 02:01 PM
Night_Runner
|
Champion

link doesnt work, and also i want it for a little of both. i really dont want bags, but may look into "helper springs" for towing

Old 11-26-2007 | 02:36 PM
RCXRAIDER
Rookie

nightrunner, the rear is not like the front the size block that you put in the back, is how much lift you will get, i can hook you up with some blocks if you want

Old 11-26-2007 | 05:59 PM
Night_Runner
|
Champion

ORIGINAL: RCXRAIDER

nightrunner, the rear is not like the front the size block that you put in the back, is how much lift you will get, i can hook you up with some blocks if you want
AWESOME!!! i sent you a pm before i posted this, but this thread was also very simular to the pm, since they went hand in hand. if i get rear blocks, will it be necessary to get those U bolts? if you dont mind please post here, incase someone else is interested, but if you do mind, please reply via PM. also, how much for the rear shocks? also, these will work with a 4x4 correct?

DID I SAY THANK YOU FOR FINDING THIS SITE?!?!?!?!

Old 11-27-2007 | 11:59 AM
Night_Runner
|
Champion

rich, thanks for that link, i will be getting some down the line, and probably from that site. an fyi, since i need atleast the leveling kit before i get my tires on, which will be around christmas time, and rcx cant see their 4x4 kit being out before that time, i just ordered the trailmaster leveling kit. i plan to order these blocks and rear accessories from rcx in 2-3 weeks since im a broke college kid and need to pay for installation of this leveling kit and buy christmas presents first.

what do you guys think is a reasonable price for installation of a leveling kit? i got quoted 100-150 today from the shop i have gone to and reccommend people to for the past 4-5 years. i always get good deals, but idk if im gettin a great one here. what do you think?

Quick Reply: Help - rear blocks