3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Lucky CC Guys

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 11:07 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Lucky CC Guys

i looked into the rear sub for the dak and it is 574.99. to much money for me. but i could only find it at crutchfield.com maybe able to find it cheaper somewhere else

Old 11-29-2007, 06:52 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i want updates on seeing if JL is gonna make something for the quadcab hopefully they do!

Old 11-29-2007, 07:01 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Night_Runner

ORIGINAL: ericemery

you know what I would like JL to put in the QC stealth boxes... the new W1V2's... they sound incredible. not super loud, but the quality is awesome...
what else do you expect from jl? thats why i got them in the 1st place, and after having them, there isnt much of anything else i would consider

i know some ppl would say rockford, eclipse, alpine, kicker (whos main base is down the road from my college), ect and so in is comparable, but truth be told, they arnt. sure some type x's and some power t2's hit hard and sound good, but imo the quality of jl isnt touched by 99% of the brands out there

but thats just my .02
I'm curious, what model of JL would you compare to an Alpine Type X and do they have similar box size requirements? I may look at them when I'm ready to get my stereo stuff together (which at the rate I'm not making money could be awhile [:@])

Old 11-30-2007, 02:02 AM
Night_Runner
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the alpine type r is comparable to both the jl w3v2 or v3...the alpine type x is comparable to some say the w6 and some say the w7. know this though from my personal experience with jl and the other brands i mentioned above, jls seem to hit harder and smoother off of lower amounts of power than other brands would in the same power range. ex, i was running 2 12w3v2's in my short wide ram off of 1 jl 500/1 mono amp. best friend had 2 12 type r and then later 2 rockford punch series 12..both of his setups were running 1 1000watt single channel amp. it was clear that mine hit harder and smoother, even off of much lower amount of power. i also had my db sensitivity on the amp at about 80% and 100% on the head unit.

Quick Reply: Lucky CC Guys