3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

**RUMMOR**

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 04:02 PM
Night_Runner
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: **RUMMOR**

how about higher ground clearance too...some of you have heard me say i wish i got the ram in the n/r package....to tell you the truth, the more i see tacomas, the more i like em

Old 11-28-2007, 04:07 PM
Hunterdude

Last I heard Cerberus was considering cutting 10 models starting with slow selling and over lapping models (ie cutting Aspen or Durango). If this is true, I think the Dakota will definately get the ax considering it is a low volume and low margin vehicle that is competing poorly in its market segment. As far as cutting after a redesign, good business practice precludes considering sunk costs when deciding whether or not to continue a project rather than predicted future returns. If we're lucky, they cut the Dakota, a bunch of the jeep models and some others, and eventually make a decent jeep pickup with a solid front axle. At least thats what I'd like to see.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:55 PM
mmullengs
Amateur

Cerberus Capital Management is all about bottom line if it doesn’t bring in the revenue then it gets the AX. This also makes me wonder about the Life Time Drive Train warrantee that is so heavily advertised. Great ploy to off load a lot of vehicles especially if you don’t plan on honoring the warrantee when the company closes its doors 7 or so years down the road. Chrysler is in a world of financial hurt and unless something turns around soon it my shed off a lot of its obligations to it worker and customers. I doubt that the government will bale them out again like they did in the 80s. GM and Ford also have issues but they are large enough to over come the financial down turn.

Just my two cents

Old 11-28-2007, 04:55 PM
4x4QC06V8DKTA
Veteran

yeah but then dodge would totally loose out to ford and chevy forthe midsize truck market...I mean yeah the dakotas haven't always done that great...but i mean really, i don't think dodge will totally pull out of the midsize market cause they make 2-4 billion dollars a year from that market aka money made from the sales of dakotas...they sell these trucks all over the U.S./Mexico/Canada/Germany that i know of and i believe also in other countries overseas. so i mean really they don't do to bad last year they made 3.2 billion off dakota sales alone if i remember correctly, here in manassas i see a truck and 1 out of 3 times its a dakota...i mean dakota and ram those are common names mixed in with dodge as trucks that date back to the 80's!! i don't think they are just gonna give them the AX...but i mean really its like what he said above...until dodge says something deffinate then there is really no telling..but i highly doubt it!

Old 11-28-2007, 05:02 PM
trucky
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude I'm sorry but this 4x4QC06 guy comes here with a lot of unsupported opinions and makes them look like fact... like the 7+ liter super hemi? it's getting on my nerves. make it look like an opinion or give proof please.

Old 11-28-2007, 05:09 PM
RMUDBUGS
Professional

The biggest problem is the mid-size segment.They have gotten to big and to expensive.

If they do discontinue the Dakota the the new 4.7L was not a waste because I'm sure they are using it in the Ram.

Old 11-28-2007, 06:21 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker

Nooooooooooooooo!!! I want The R/T to come out being a super truck again non of this 4.7 crap put the 5.9 back in the beast!!!!!!
as for that rumor i would say F- that!!!

Old 11-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: BAdassR/T

Nooooooooooooooo!!! I want The R/T to come out being a super truck again non of this 4.7 crap put the 5.9 back in the beast!!!!!!
as for that rumor i would say F- that!!!

The 6.1 would be an acceptable apology for slacking up till now

Too bad it wouldn't fit