3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Exhaust clips for the 4.7L.... light 'em up!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 12:30 AM
Destructicon
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust clips for the 4.7L.... light 'em up!

OK guys, have not seen anyboy post anything as of yet when it comes to exhaust clips for our trucks... (again that I know of)

These vids I took were with my wife's digital camera and are not the best sound quality. Not only that, I up until this point had only installed the custom flowmaster exhaust... so no biotching about the night time vid... its only meant torepresent the internal sound in the cab.

Set up at this time was 4.7L HO (stock) with 3" cat back to the muffler (Flowmaster Super 40) then 3 1/2" pipes to the straight back tips of same size. Nothing else had been done and I will try to get better vid/pics of whats been done 2yrs later and show the comparison.

http://www.vidiLife.com/index.cfm?f=...1F-4925-9744-8- steady sound

http://www.vidiLife.com/index.cfm?f=...9A-4FDD-BED2-A- Night time interior

Old 12-07-2007, 12:53 AM
Destructicon
Rookie
Old 12-07-2007, 01:32 AM
tuffone20
Professional
Default RE: Exhaust clips for the 4.7L.... light 'em up!

Nice sounding system!! I took with my digital camera and so I know what you mean!! I'll try and posted them later.

Old 12-07-2007, 03:27 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

i have borla here (although i went with corsa tips)...i posted 2 vid a while back, but the vids were with 1 reso still intact. since i have taken that reso off. i love the sound of it. i guess now that i have a new camera, ill have to take new vids, but this time, when i do the driveby, ill have to put the camera on something soft like a pillow...lol, remember, i drove by and a few seconds after i zoomed past the camera, the wind knocked the camera over....awesome ending to the vid.

edit
i will tell you this though, no vids or pics will be taken of my truck till end dec or early jan. got some things goin on with it

Old 12-07-2007, 03:41 AM
tuffone20
Professional

And those things are???come on let it out!

Old 12-07-2007, 03:47 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

ah, ive already said it before. gettin a leveling kit/new set of toyo open country a-t's/gunna go ahead and do the interior in led's since i already did the exterior/my truck is goin into the shop for a few days to have the front bumper resprayed under warranty/and then sometime in jan i am ordering the rear blocks, u bolts, and rear shocks from the rough country rep on here....right after christmas, my main concern is purchasing ZAINO and 3 gigs ram for my laptop...im supposed to be gettin an xbox360 from the gf for christmas/my birthday, so im sure some expenses will go towards gaming stuff. off topic though, but ive been borrowing my roommates xbox360 and hooked it up in my dorm, playin it via my hdtv 20" tv and runnin the sound through my surround sound which i have the speakers in all corners and angles of the dorm. its amazing. lovin it. we actually had a christmas party on my floor today, and im on the 3rd floor. some pretty hot girl was like "whos in 314?" i was like "why" (lol im in 314) and she goes "well, their pretty loud sometimes, especially the music and movies" i was like "oh really, how loud are they?"...she was like, "well, the girl on the 1st floor under me called in a noise complaint thinking i was listening to music really loud"....lol i BUSTED UP and told her it was me (fyi, she is smokin)....she was like, "well, next time ill have to come upstairs and you can make it up to me"....ah, the only time i get anyone interested in me is when i am already taken. why cant i be put in these dilemma when im single[&:]. dont worry guys, im monogamous

sorry for gettin offtopic

Old 12-07-2007, 05:00 AM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait, so you have a 4.7L with a 3" pipe from the cats, to a flow 40, with two 3.5" outlets?

How's that treating you for your torque?

Betcha it's killing it...

Remember, bigger equals more hp, but also less tq...

You can have all the hp in the world, but if you have no torque, you may as well drive a Civic.

Old 12-07-2007, 05:11 AM
Night_Runner
Champion
Old 12-07-2007, 05:35 AM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WHOA!!!!!! Drew, you're awake!

Old 12-07-2007, 05:50 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

damn right i am. i had a final earlier, and then played xbox live for a few hours, had that little christmas party, played in a pingpong tourny and got 3rd, came back to the lounge on my floor and just hung for a while, watching movies and kickin it on the couch, bsing, putting off an essay that is due tomorrow. ive been "working" on this essay since like 2am this morning. there is no page length requirement, but it is for my sociology class, and the topic is "privilege"....i can go in any direction i want with this essay. to tell you the truth, there are so many incompetent people in my class, i feel like i have lost knowledge when leaving the classroom. if you count this essay as a 0, and the final as a 0, i have an 87 in the class. if i turn in this essay, i know i will get an A on it. after that, i could get like a 30 on the final, and still leave the class with an A. not to mention, i have missed a quiz, and 2 assignments. i can make those up, and get half credit for them. in all honesty, i could get those done in about 40 minutes. then i wouldnt have to take the final, but i will do those assignments later tonight. i will take the final anyway. now back to earlier in this post, ive been workin on this essay since 2am. it is now 10 till 5am, and i only have a page and a half. ill probably type another page and a half max. in all honesty, i have probably only spent about 20 minutes typing and the rest of the time, i have been distracted by the internet and movies. fyi, my "paper" isnt even in paragraph form. while it isnt in paragraph form, its not just rambling, the thoughts are complete, and actually looks at things like one wouldnt really look at. all in all, this class is a joke and the easiest class ive had since elementary. i dont think ive opened my book 5 times this semester

Quick Reply: Exhaust clips for the 4.7L.... light 'em up!