3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

I beleive I may have found my next truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 12:29 AM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: I beleive I may have found my next truck

im not a big fan of it...

Old 01-14-2008, 03:31 AM
jimboscomp
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's not a coilover suspension in the rear is it? That's definitely lookinge like a much nicer suspension than what our trucks will have. I'm anxious to see though waht they meant when they said in the one video "a light truck diesel is coming".

Old 01-14-2008, 04:59 AM
herkguy
Veteran

Here is the new rear suspension

[IMG]local://upfiles/57176/C64BCD06DC9E46218B9D1ED5D9BC9938.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-14-2008, 10:03 AM
graythang
Record Breaker

Yes, this is my next truck! I just told my wife I’m going to what ever it takes for to own one. It’s what a truck should be. Yes the dear old Dak namesake could use this innovative thinking too. The 08 Dak was just a tiny bump and a new Gen is very much due. Daimler is all but gone so let the games begin. The rear suspension is NOT as you can see coil over shocks. Trailing arms and linked sway/stabilizer bar. Its done right. I’m sooooo into this truck. Like to see hard reviews of test drives and real world results.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:17 AM
RCXRAIDER
Rookie

yes yes 4-link finally a truly off road capable dodge

Old 01-14-2008, 06:18 PM
pro4x4
Veteran

Well all I can say is what a great truck and probably too expensive for most of us. The gas mileage will be no better than it is now and that rear setup is nothing new just look at old chevys from the 70's and earlier. They used coil springs in the rear too on 2wheel drive trucks. I want my next truck to get at least 18 to 20 miles per gallon in city driving not highway you always get better mileage on the highway. Nice try though now improve the dakota so us folks who can't afford 35 grand for a ram and don't need a full size truckcan have a decent truck.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Dusty
Professional

ORIGINAL: pro4x4

Well all I can say is what a great truck and probably too expensive for most of us. The gas mileage will be no better than it is now and that rear setup is nothing new just look at old chevys from the 70's and earlier. They used coil springs in the rear too on 2wheel drive trucks. I want my next truck to get at least 18 to 20 miles per gallon in city driving not highway you always get better mileage on the highway. Nice try though now improve the dakota so us folks who can't afford 35 grand for a ram and don't need a full size truckcan have a decent truck.
If you're worried about the 1-2 mpg difference from the dakota to ram, wait for the 2010 hybrid to come out.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: pro4x4

Gas mileage for the Hemi is up 5% so I would say it gets the same or better mileage than your Dakota. Btw, early 2010 they will be releasing the 5.6L V8 CTD putting out 325hp and 460-500 ft. lbs of torque, with an estimated 20/25 mpg city/highway.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:22 PM
pro4x4
Veteran

yea 5% what does that equal 1 mpg. Come on these auto makers know they can do better. And yea wait for the hybrid and the diesel two more trucks that most of us can't afford. Maybe some of you on here don't mind shelling out 35 to 40 grand but thats way too much for me and frankly not worth it. Its great that the auto makers are trying to improve gas mileage and all but the people who can benefit most from these inovations can't afford them. If you can afford to spend 35 to 40 grand then you can afford 3 to 4 dollars a gallon. We put men on the moon and these auto makers can't make an affordable truck that gets 18 to 20 mpg come on.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:59 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

Well the 09/10 dakota will be getting the V6 CTD...

Quick Reply: I beleive I may have found my next truck