3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

I beleive I may have found my next truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 08:06 PM
graythang
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I beleive I may have found my next truck

Are you positive we where on the moon?

Old 01-14-2008, 08:34 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: graythang

I dunno man, I think it was staged, just like kennedy was not really shot and living in the center of the earth, or 9/11 was an inside job.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:34 PM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is cheese REALLY milk?

...wait, never mind.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:38 PM
graythang
Record Breaker

Matbe to all but take hart the new Ram is real because you can touch it.

Old 01-15-2008, 02:14 AM
Ben D.
Champion

why would no one be able to affford the damn thing??? probably gonna be along the same lines in price.

I know what I want. that new 4.7 with 310 hp is good enough for me. specially with a 6 spd

gonna get me a regular cab short bed 4x4 4.7L and six speed manual. not sure on what trim level. probably the trx4 or sport. depending on that new cummins i might wait for it. if it has a stick shift option i'll get it. otherwise i'll stick to the 4.7L

I'd be willing to put that truck with the new 4.7L up against a new hemi anyday. gaurantee 4.7 in a rg cab could woop up a hemi in a quad or crew cab. not to mention the hemi still has that pos 545rfe. no thank you I don't wanna buy a truck i know i'll have to throw 3grand in at 50k miles for a new tranny lol.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:59 AM
BACKnBLACK
Professional

FYI, the truck is already on the Dodge.com web site.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:57 PM
QCDAKblue
Veteran

Wow bye bye Dakota this fall, or may just be tempted to wait for that CTD!

Old 01-15-2008, 06:00 PM
pro4x4
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Jr. Mechanic

ORIGINAL: graythang

I dunno man, I think it was staged, just like kennedy was not really shot and living in the center of the earth, or 9/11 was an inside job.
Yes we really did go to the moon and the mob and the CIA killed kennedy 9/11 wasn't an inside job it was because our government was too stupid to see the warning signs. Sorry for the off topic stuff I am jumping off my soapbox now.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:55 AM
wink2873
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the reason we know 9/11 wasnt an inside job is because our government isnt smart enough to plan out, perform, and cover up the attack effectively. Anyway, I want to see the Ram R/T, I dont think they showed that one and I cant find any pictures or anything of it.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:42 PM
graythang
Record Breaker

A friend sent me this tibit. It's not a post change but it fits on where our beloved Daks may be going.[/align][/align][/align][/align]
Chrysler and Nissan in Team-Up Talks
Nissan could build Chrysler's small cars, and it's not unlikely that Chrysler could build Nissan's trucks
by David Kiley

Autos
[ul][*]Mazda's Sexy CX-9[*]The Cream of 2007's Car Crop[*]Dog Days at Cerberus[*]Preserving Antique Autos, Dents and All[*]What to Drive in Winter[/ul][/align]
Story Tools
[ul]post a comment
e-mail this story
print this story
order a reprint
digg this
save to del.icio.us [/ul][/align]

[/align][/align][/align]In a deal that auto industry analysts believe could point to an eventual formal alliance between Nissan (NSANY) and Chrysler, the two automakers are in talks that would lead to Nissan supplying Chrysler with small cars and the American automaker taking over manufacturing of Nissan's full-size pickups.
Citing sources close to Nissan, Japanese broadcaster NHK reported on Jan. 10 that the carmakers are in final negotiations on a deal for Nissan, which is controlled by France's Renault (RENA), to supply Chrysler with a small, fuel-efficient car that could be sold in North America, as well as in other markets.
The other half of the negotiations, not reported by NHK but confirmed by sources close to Chrysler with knowledge of the company's plans, would have Chrysler produce a full-size pickup for Nissan at one of its U.S. plants now producing the Ram. The pickup would be derived from the Ram and replace the Titan pickup Nissan currently builds in Canton, Miss.
Collaboration is Key to Cost-Cutting
Manufacturing alliances like these are becoming more common in the auto industry. Chrysler is building a Volkswagen (VLKAY) minivan at its Canadian assembly plant alongside its own Town & Country minivan. Chrysler also builds Mitsubishi's Raider pickup alongside its Dakota small pickup. Suzuki has announced that Nissan will build a midsize pickup truck based on the Frontier model at its plant in Tennessee, to be sold under the Suzuki badge in North America. "These turbulent times in the auto industry make for strange and more bedfellows," says Jeff Schuster, J.D. Power's head of global forecasting.
Renault-Nissan Chief Executive Officer Carlos Ghosn has said repeatedly that he would like to strike a formal alliance with a North American automaker. Ghosn was in talks with General Motors (GM) in 2006 for such a deal (BusinessWeek.com, 10/31/06), but nothing came of it. On Jan. 10 a Nissan spokesman said, "Regarding our interest in working with other manufacturers, we have been consistent in our belief that under the appropriate conditions, extending the Renault-Nissan Alliance to include a North American partner could be beneficial. Further, we have a successful track record of working with many manufacturers for the exchange of products on an OEM basis."
Chrysler was purchased by private equity firm Cerberus Capital Management last August from DaimlerChrysler, which retained a small minority stake in the U.S. automaker. The firm has made lowering costs and improving Chrysler's profit outlook a top priority. One of the principal paths toward profitability is to share as many product-development and engineering costs as possible, and to maximize production at its assembly plants. “Chrysler’s new owners see that they are behind in cost reduction and new products and they are taking the shortest routes they can to accomplish both,” says J.D. Power’s Schuster.
Poor Prospects for Pickups
Chrysler is introducing a new Ram pickup truck at the North American International Auto Show next week. Sales of the Ram run a distant third to trucks from GM and Ford (F). The company has two plants dedicated to the Ram, which sold 359,000 units in 2007. The pickup truck market is continuing to soften as recession and a housing downturn dampens demand. Meantime, Toyota, (TM) which sold 196,000 pickups last year, has just launched a new pickup plant in Texas. Nissan, by contrast, has struggled with its Titan pickup, which sold just 66,000 units in 2007. "There is a lot of pressure in the company to make the full-size pickup program less costly and more rational without getting out of the category altogether," said one high-ranking Nissan executive who said he could not comment officially on Chrysler negotiations.
Chrysler is also trying to figure out what to do with its midsize Dakota model, and Nissan could eventually help on that front, too. Chrysler CEO Robert Nardelli and Vice-Chairman Jim Press are evaluating Chrysler's entire product lineup and distribution. The Dakota, said an industry source with knowledge of the company's plans, has already been targeted for elimination. The other models on the firing line include the Chrysler PT Cruiser, the Dodge Magnum, and the Dodge Caravan. (Chrysler would sell just one minivan as the Chrysler Town & Country.)
If Nissan can supply Suzuki with a midsize pickup, it could also build one for Chrysler. Nissan sold 65,000 Frontiers last year, Dodge 51,000 Dakotas, and Mistubishi just 8,200 Raiders. Suzuki would be hard pressed to sell more than 15,000 pickups a year. With the small and midsize pickup category in steep decline, a consolidated engineering and manufacturing effort by those companies would be far more efficient.
Kiley is a senior correspondent in BusinessWeek's Detroit bureau . [/align]

Quick Reply: I beleive I may have found my next truck