3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Anti-lock brakes

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 08:31 AM
Antjmar
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anti-lock brakes

what has always bothered me about this is that I think Dodge is being deceptive. Ive driven older trucks ( a ford)and they had a light in the dash which said "rear ABS" Dodge uses the same light no matter which brakes you have (rear or 4 wheel) . I had salesman tell me the truck had 4 wheel even though it didnt cause of that light. Most people think in 2008 they have 4 wheel ABS esp with that light in the dash! They should change it or make 4 wheel standard. its only a $295 option anyway!

Old 01-21-2008, 09:12 PM
07QCDAK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anti-lock brakes

I am glad we at least have the rear ABS, I know they have kicked in a couple times on me on wet or snowy roads making sure my back end didn’t get out of control. I too would have liked front ABS but don’t see it as too much of an issue that I don’t.

I loved my 98 ford ABS, those brakes worked great at stopping that car, then I got an 06 ford with ABS... those brakes weren’t so good. I have a hill outside my home and with the 98 I didn’t have much issue stopping when it snowed, but with the 06 the ABS would kick in so much sooner than the 98s did and it almost seemed like it anticipated loosing traction and unlocked,.. I actually coasted though the intersection the first time thinking my ABS weren’t working. Now with the Dakota I know I don’t have ABS and control my stops a little better. I do agree ABS have there place in emergency situations but you also need to react in those situation that ABS gives you control.

Quick Reply: Anti-lock brakes