3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

any word on lift kits

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 06:18 PM
DD064x4QC
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any word on lift kits

i havent been on this site for a while and was wondering if anyone has heard anythng on a 4x4 lift. last in heard monroe was coming out with shocks. and rough country was coming out with a lift around x-mas time. i didnt know if february was still considered x-mas[sm=headbang.gif].

Old 02-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Cadillac15
Professional
Default RE: any word on lift kits

RC came out with a level, Trailmaster has a level, and you can do 1" blocks in the rear, but there is no suspension lift for the 4x4 at all. Monroes shocks I dont think have actually come out yet, and thats it.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Hunterdude

No 4X4 lifts. Rough country came out with a 2.5' 2wd lift but thats the extent of it. I honestly don't think there will ever be a real lift for these trucks. SAS or trading look to be our only options for any real offroad capability.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Racinartist
All Star

Monroe has pushed availability of the front shocks back to June now. The rears are available and have been for a while.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:13 PM
BrandonMiller
Professional

I sell the only two lift kits for the dakota 4x that I am aware of - the Trailmaster leveling kit and the performance body lift. If ya want one let me know

As soon as I can get my wife to leave for a few hours I'll throw mine on (she'll kill me if she sees me modifying my 2 month old truck, doh!). When I do I'll take tons of pics but there are a lot of people here with it on and a few horror stories of stripped threads etc.

I wish somoene would come out with an adjustable coilover.. I was at the dealership and they have one for the magnum and the bottom mounting looks exactly like ours. It had a threaded body with an adjuster so you can adjust height.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:48 PM
DD064x4QC
Rookie

i know of the leveling kits but have heard bad things about them. i was thinking of a body kit but i dont know if i want to tackle that one. they areto time consuming. my friend put one on his s-10 and says it made it ride different. is this true? i really want to lift it to put some new tires on it.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:10 PM
djsilver
Professional

ORIGINAL: BrandonMiller

I sell the only two lift kits for the dakota 4x that I am aware of - the Trailmaster leveling kit and the performance body lift. If ya want one let me know

As soon as I can get my wife to leave for a few hours I'll throw mine on (she'll kill me if she sees me modifying my 2 month old truck, doh!). When I do I'll take tons of pics but there are a lot of people here with it on and a few horror stories of stripped threads etc.

I wish somoene would come out with an adjustable coilover.. I was at the dealership and they have one for the magnum and the bottom mounting looks exactly like ours. It had a threaded body with an adjuster so you can adjust height.

Are you saying the shock screws into an adjustable lower mounting bracket (adjusts ride-height)or did it have an adjustable spring perch (adjusts spring pre-load)? Thanks!

Old 02-07-2008, 08:41 PM
studlyblueiz
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I don't know about too many adjustable struts...but coil spring sure...we don't have those though. Now I was trying to get my hands on an Ram 06+ front strut to test fit on my dakota but can't find a donor. It looks like it'll fit just don't know if there will be height gain or improvement in stiffness. If no gain in height but does fit then that makes Rancho's quick lift shock for Ram an awesome choice. I gave up asking tons of forums cause I can't seem to get any Ram participation. If anyone else has luck try it out or send it my way and I'll do it.

I've looked over skyjacker's older gen lift and it looks like most everything will work on our truck with the exception of the coils(obviously) and maybe the knuckle(not sure if it's the same part as ours). I'd love to combine pieces of that kit with Ram struts.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:00 PM
djsilver
Professional

Well I just went to what I consider one of the best free parts cross-references on the web (www.partsamerica.com) and did some studying. The Monroe Sensatrac 71111 front shock listing for the 2006 Ram 1500 (4x4 only)non-Mega cab looks to have the same mounting brackets as the Dakota. I've attached the picture from their website. I couldn't find any other pictures but if the Monroe fits, so will the Rancho RS5788, RS99788 or RS999793 quick-lift kit.

[IMG]local://upfiles/81674/D8460305D67F4996A747C9E78947B20F.jpg[/IMG]

I just ordered one Monroe sensatrac p/n 7111 from partsamerica.com. When it comes in I'll take detailed measurements and then send it back. I have a pair of OEM Dak front struts to compare it to and I'll publish the comparison.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:39 PM
BrandonMiller
Professional

adjustable coilover

Quick Reply: any word on lift kits