3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Not in a good mood!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 11:47 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not in a good mood!

So I took my truck to Sign Pro in Ames this morning to have them apply the tail-stripes I got from Klings and when they call me and tell me its done I head back to their store to pick my truck up and sure enough one side looks pretty damn good and the other one is blatantly crooked. Thing that frusterates me the most is that the guy told me it would be a half an hour to an hour and I told him to his face to take his time and to please make sure it gets done right. He could have taken two hours, I wouldn't have cared as long as it got done good and right but the moron gets it done as quick as he can and blatantly screws it up.

Better believe I am going to make them pay for the replacement and they are going to redo the passenger side for free. [sm=bustedsign.gif]

Old 04-25-2008, 01:29 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Default RE: Not in a good mood!

That sucks man, definitely make them fix their mistake!

Old 04-25-2008, 01:32 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Sounds like my kinda luck, sorry to hear man. Kick his ****

Old 04-25-2008, 05:53 PM
jimboscomp
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah unfortunately i find a lot of people don't really give a crap about quality anymore, they want it done ASAP so that they can move on to the next job and make more money in a shorter amount of time. It's like when I've gone to some places before and the people say "the guy was here maybe 45 minutes..."...and I say it takes about 2 hours to do something, I and many of my clients think the same, if you take a little longer and get it done right the first time it'll be better for both in the end!

Old 04-25-2008, 08:52 PM
Shibby927
Record Breaker

LoL I had to take it back to them so they could look at it. The lady that owns the store told me over the phone that it could be an optical illusion because of the curves, I was like no its crooked lady. Then she proceeded to tell me that she was worried about the quality of the vinyl she says it will probably only last me 3-4 years at the most. Needless to say they are redoing it on Tuesday under my supervision to make sure it goes on straight and apparently it will be with their vinyl which they say lasts 7 years.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Racinartist
All Star

When doing vinyl on a vehicle, the MINIMUM life of the product being used should be at least7 years. All pressure-sensitive vinyl will shrink during it's life, but the high performance ones hold up much better than the intermediate. The difference in technical terms is called 'calendered' compared to 'cast'. One is a thinner material, usually 2 mil, while the less durable products are usually 3 or 4 mil. Most vinyl companies make products rated at 4, 5, 6 and 7 years, but everything I use (unless it's for temporary use like a banner, or other temporary signs) is rates at 9 years exterior use, which is the thinner, 2 mil.

If the company you used for installation applied it crooked, they should definitely make good for their mistake. But, if what she told you is right, that it was a lower grade material, I can't disagree with her that you might run into performacne issues after a few years. I guess the only way to tell for sure is to have Klings tell you what product he uses.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:51 AM
sdsdsd
Captain

Waste of your hard earned money

Old 04-27-2008, 10:24 PM
klings designs
Captain

The only vinyl I stock is 651 and 751- 751 is 8 year outdoor for the white.. Sounds like the lady should get some more experience...... ?

Quick Reply: Not in a good mood!