3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Flooded cab what now?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 03:52 PM
ryanstwo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flooded cab what now?

Guys last year I was off roading with my 2006 dakota and went into what looked like a small hole and ended up being alot deeper then it looked. (I have already beat myself to death about it so dont be too rough) Well needless to say the cab started to fill with water and got almost to the bottom of the seat. It was in the water overnight and until recently I have not even taken the interior out. I work long hours and it is a 4th vehicle so I just never got around to it. I work at a dealership and they were supposted to tear the interior out but it never happend. (which in itself is a longer story) My question is does anyone know what wires are under the drivers and passenger side seats? Looks like there are more under the drivers seat but I have no idea what any of them are for. Any chance the wiring survived? Until the battery died 3 months ago everything seemed to work, other then the engine which is being replaced as I type this. Dont know if knowing what I have will help you know what all the wiring is for, there is alot of it. It is a 2006 dakota club cab slt, trx4 with the awd, high output 4.7 has heated seats, power tow mirors, rear window defrost, overhead consil, pretty much everything except leather. What did I ruin? Where can I buy the wiring if i need it? How much would wiring cost? thanks
ryan

Old 05-05-2008, 07:45 PM
ryanstwo
Default RE: Flooded cab what now?

Dont really know how the computer handled it as I have no drove the truck in a year because of the blown engine. Is it even worth fixing or should I just scrap it for parts? I have a feeling wiring and computers is going to be extremly expensive.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:55 PM
luvmydak
Veteran

Given the advice you were previously given, if I were in your situation I would get whatever scrap value I could. Just not worth the hassle and expense and no guarantee of no further problems. Very unfortunate.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:59 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker

sorry to hear that hey man try replacing what u can im sure its not scraping type thats a little far but yeah replace what u can and if it gets too much just sell it off as parts

Old 05-05-2008, 08:18 PM
ryanstwo

any idea on where to buy wiring? dodgeparts.com doesnt seem to have it listed. IS there anything inportant in the cab as far as wiring goes or are all the "guts" of the system up higher? We are talking 3-4 inches in the cab

Old 05-05-2008, 08:26 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker

u kno i really dont know where u would possibly get the wiring for that crap, im sure u could get it from napa or anystore its just wires, your best bet is to go to dealer see if u can get a lay out of a wire diagram to the dakota

Quick Reply: Flooded cab what now?