3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Equipping to Tow

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 11:25 AM
Cuban11182
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Equipping to Tow

I'm just poking fun.. I hope he knows that. Yea I saw the Wikipedia sight.

This is the one I was looking at. http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...a/Performance/

Old 07-30-2008, 12:20 PM
cramerica
Record Breaker

Haha it's all good, the 3.7 is a good ol' girl.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:45 PM
boopadoopa
Professional

stupid question?? I got an aftermarket tranny cooler (the type that zip ties to your radiator) I have nt hooked it up yet because im confused. I thought you just unhook the lines coming from the tranny into the stock radiator and its fine? I took off one of the lines and anti freeze came out and not tranny fluid? Am I thinking wrong or is the system different. I thought them lines were tranny fluid and not Antifreeze as my radiator emptied out and I had to refill it. Please let me know.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:10 PM
jtswkd

So I got my Truck and car to NC with no problems!! My truck had 1200lbs in it (with me wife cat and other house stuff) and my wifes car weighed in at 3860 lb loaded up on a uhaul tow dolly on the back.

Went 960 miles in 2 days with 300-400 of those miles in the mountains/huge hills (southern indiana, west virginia, virginia and NC were pretty bad) and kept the speed between 65-75 the whole time, even up the hills! Had to bury the throttle on a few and the temps got 3/4 of the way up during some climbs, but she pulled good and averaged 13.5 mpgs overall, which is too bad considering the amount of hills/mountains i had to climb. some climbs were so steep i had to hold 4500rpm for 4 miles or so but the fan caught up with it at the top of the hill.

Overall i was very impressed wth how she handled it, just wished the brakes were a little more stout (had a few scares when others cut me off and slammed the brakes going down 5% slopes). I wouldn't hesitate to do it again, if i had to.

Quick Reply: Equipping to Tow