3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

headunit, *also new member

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 11:03 PM
Jadman
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where can I find a my gig? Looked all over with no luck. And are all dakotas low speed can bus?

Old 10-12-2008, 11:38 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jadman
where can I find a my gig? Looked all over with no luck. And are all dakotas low speed can bus?
2005-2007 Daks are all low speed, additionaly you MUST get a low-speed MyGig for it to work and you will either need to fab your own adapters or buy the MyGig Lockpick Adapter from Coastal Electronics Technologies which is what I did. I bought my MyGig off Ebay, guy was selling one for $100 said it didn't work in his Wrangler. I looked it up and the Wrangler was high speed so I took a chance and bought it figuring he got the wrong speed, luck was on my side and I was right

According to Coastal if the MyGig came out of or was intended for any of these vehicles it is a low-speed unit.

LOW SPEED FACTORY
MYGIG RADIOS USED
2007 – 2008
CHRYSLER SEBRING
2007 – 2008
DODGE AVENGER
CHRYSLER 300 AND 300C
DODGE DURANGO
CHRYSLER ASPEN
DODGE CHARGER
DODGE DAKOTA
JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
JEEP COMMANDER

Old 10-15-2008, 10:06 PM
LB
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Digging up an old post, AltAir, good info!

I like your mygig, 2 questions;

1) how much was the harness from lockpick? $269?
2) when you cut out the bezel to fit, does the unit cover the cut edge, or does it butt up to the unit? any close up pics of the cut and how did you cut it?

OOps, 1 more, do you have the uconnect?

Thanks,
LB

Last edited by LB; 10-15-2008 at 10:14 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:33 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LB
Digging up an old post, AltAir, good info!

I like your mygig, 2 questions;

1) how much was the harness from lockpick? $269?
2) when you cut out the bezel to fit, does the unit cover the cut edge, or does it butt up to the unit? any close up pics of the cut and how did you cut it?

OOps, 1 more, do you have the uconnect?

Thanks,
LB
1.) Yup, completely worth it IMO, only thing I can say bad is that the FM antenna adapter cable sometimes cuts in and out, I know what I need to do to fix it just haven't done it yet. The plastic part of it that latches onto the connector on the back of the MyGig is too long and sometimes the metal doesn't make contact, I just need to find time to pull it out and file that down a bit.

2.) It butts up to it, I don't have any close-up pictures because it was pretty late when I did it and I was hurrying, let's just say measure twice, cut once is a good recommendation Even so I'm the only one that notices unless I point it out and one of my roommates still couldn't tell. I'm going to clean it up at some point with either fiberglass or bondo so it fits nice and tight then paint my center bezel anyway. I used a dremel with a cut-off wheel to do it, not the easiest thing to cut a straight line with.

As for Uconnect I may add it at some point but right now I don't have it. Mine is the non-navigation radio, with the deal I got I wasn't going to complain and I'd rather have the extra space on the hard drive for storing music instead.

Quick Reply: headunit, *also new member