3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Well KRC is discontinuing sales on the Paxton for our trucks...but

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 06:28 PM
AIR RAM
All Star
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Guys, Im not sure it will fit under a stock DAKOTA hood... It would be close though. We SHOULD have an INTAKE/SPACERS/THROTTLE BODY adapter plate package ready for test fitting this week... the mechine shop is working on the final details of our spacers... Logo stuff.

I will test fit my Ram first then look for a local DFW Dakota for hood clearance testing.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 11-11-2008, 06:33 PM
AIR RAM
All Star

Originally Posted by ericemery
Let me ask this... If we get the adapter, will the aftermarket intakes for the mustangs work? I dont see why they wouldnt I guess...

I guess I need to figure out if I want to make the truck go fast, or just tow nice...

Right now, it tows fine, but a little bottom end power would be nice... An nice intake and TB would probably put me where I want to be...

What kind of power is that ram making with all the mods in your sig?
You would need an intake designed for the 4 valve 4.6L engine... There are aftermarket intakes available like the Sullivan intake we offer on our site... Nobody has to know it was intended for a 4.6L... unless you want them to know.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 11-11-2008, 08:14 PM
mikset
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nick, do you know if the '05 4.7 already has a forged crank? I've heard yes and no on that.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:29 PM
AIR RAM
All Star

Originally Posted by mikset
Nick, do you know if the '05 4.7 already has a forged crank? I've heard yes and no on that.
I highly doubt it does but I did hear one guy swear up and down his did... but my question then is why did it take 4 years to find this out out... you would think that would have been common knowledge shortly after they where released. I do know there are 2 part numbers for cranks... ones cast and the other is forged. The forged cranks we have where not available until recently ... Kind of fishy to me. Until I see it I find it hard to believe, Im willing to bet the only engines with forged cranks are the H/O engines. And the rumor that all 2005 4.7L engines where some how H/O engines is NOT true. The H/O engine shares the same intake and heads as the standard base 4.7L... but as far as I know that's where it ends.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 11-11-2008, 08:32 PM
AIR RAM
All Star

Originally Posted by ericemery
well, I was thinking about a trick flow intake... had one on my cobra back when I had it...
I dont think trick flow has an intake for the 4V 4.6L heads.... You need to be careful... the 4.6L has two types of heads, the 2v heads and the 4v heads... our adapters will only work on the intakes made for the 4V engine... there is a HUGE difference and they are not even close. So make sure the intake you go with would work with the 2003-2004 cobra 4V 4.6L and its going to be a sure fit with our adapters.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 11-11-2008, 08:42 PM
mikset
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't think a guy would want to risk it if he went with a higher RPM setup and increased CR. Not on one guys word. I reckon if you dropped the pan you could tell easy enough.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:33 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

were do you want me to send the $10,000 for the system.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:07 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL 10Gs... for that im getting the f-in 6.1 Hemi dropped in..........

Old 11-11-2008, 10:37 PM
AIR RAM
All Star

With boost everything becomes equal to a point. You can boost a smaller 4.7L engine and make 600+ HP... 600HP is the same no matter what size the engine is. And I would rather own a 600HP 4.7L then a 600HP HEMI... because there will be more 600HP HEMI's running around... and most likely I will be one of very few with a 600HP 4.7L.... And I will be able to hang with them all day long!

I'm betting if you did your home work you could make a blown 600+HP 4.7L for about 6,000 bucks... That's not a bad price tag... its a bunch up front but not bad when you consider that's a whopping 100HP per 1,000.00.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Quick Reply: Well KRC is discontinuing sales on the Paxton for our trucks...but