3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Colorado pickup for 2009

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 04:17 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

The Canyon man, the Caynon I wouldnt ever disrespect a Dak, unless it was ghetto

Old 12-03-2008, 04:41 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The Colorado doesn't look that bad, but I prefer the looks of the Dakota.

Old 12-03-2008, 05:38 PM
MonkeyWrench4000
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

really?

You guys don't like the Colorado. I think it has much nicer lines then the dakota. The dakotas front end looks horrible. the bumper's lines are off, theres a gap between the entire bumper cover and front end thats hidious.

I always thought the colorado was decent looking on the outside, but seemed a little cheap on the inside.

We have had a V8 in the dak for quite some time. I think it was probablly put into the colorado so they could also have a v8 in the class. But right now thats pretty pointless with how the gas scared everyone, how the economy is, and the lack of spending.

I wouldnt be suprised if this was no longer available in a few model years. It could wind up being one of those short term diamond in the rough for truck tuners.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:48 PM
mikset
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lghtngblt02
The Canyon man, the Caynon I wouldnt ever disrespect a Dak, unless it was ghetto

That's good, I was going to suggest you go sleep in your truck for a couple nights.

Originally Posted by MonkeyWrench4000
really?

You guys don't like the Colorado. I think it has much nicer lines then the dakota. The dakotas front end looks horrible. the bumper's lines are off, theres a gap between the entire bumper cover and front end thats hidious.

I always thought the colorado was decent looking on the outside, but seemed a little cheap on the inside.

We have had a V8 in the dak for quite some time. I think it was probablly put into the colorado so they could also have a v8 in the class. But right now thats pretty pointless with how the gas scared everyone, how the economy is, and the lack of spending.

I wouldnt be suprised if this was no longer available in a few model years. It could wind up being one of those short term diamond in the rough for truck tuners.

Without a doubt, I do like the looks of the Dakota better than the Canyon. Like I said, I have an 08 Canyon and my truck sitting side by side in the driveway everyday. The Dakota drives better, has better interior and just feels bigger and a lot more solid than the Canyon IMO. I will admit, if there's one weak point on our trucks it would be the front bumper but that's not enough to change my opinion between the two.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:57 PM
cramerica
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's because the Canyon doesn't have any lines! At least the Dak has some shape to it. I don't think the regular cab Canyorado is that heinous, but once the cab starts stretching it's all downhill.

The GMC factory rims are also horrible, for the same reason I hate the original 3gen Ram chrome 5 spokes...I am a firm believer that spokes should narrow down as they move outward, not get wider.

Old 12-04-2008, 03:47 PM
scottscan
Professional

check out this old thread for a bumper fix. https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...umper-fix.html

Old 12-04-2008, 03:58 PM
scottscan
Professional

this is what the colorado ss should look like when the v8 ones come out !!!!
http://www.sporttruck.com/featuredve...uck/index.html

Old 04-20-2009, 01:54 AM
sethgtrx4
Professional

hey even tho that 5.3L is 300 hp....my 4.7Lho in my 06 dak is rated at 265...with a couple of mods u'll get that thing to 300 easy.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:48 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sethgtrx4
hey even tho that 5.3L is 300 hp....my 4.7Lho in my 06 dak is rated at 265...with a couple of mods u'll get that thing to 300 easy.
I'm not all that impressed with the 5.3l. It's got some get up and go off the line but it seems to taper off quite quickly... The real good things GM has going for them right now (not sure if they're even offered in the Colorado...) are the 6 speed auto and the auto-locking rear differential.

Quick Reply: Colorado pickup for 2009