3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Old school leveling blocks going to the milling machine.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 03:38 PM
Cuban11182
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which ones do you have the older ones or the newer ones? The older ones are just aluminumum stock, and the newer ones are the ones they are selling now.

Old 12-24-2008, 09:41 AM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

...well...can't really say. I don't have a picture of the "new" ones and old ones to clarify. Yes, the kit I recieved was constructed of aluminum with a slight taper on one side (located towards the perch).

Old 12-24-2008, 09:57 AM
LB
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think they are the same. When I got mine it had the old instructions and bolts with it, the tek said just download the new instructions. This is interesting as I would like to take mine down a little bit, from 1.5" to 1". It may relieve some of the "topping out" I expercience over sharp small bumps. Also bring my headlights back down a bit, I get flashed alot, especially when towing or with a load.

Thanks,
LB

Old 12-24-2008, 02:03 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LB
I think they are the same. When I got mine it had the old instructions and bolts with it, the tek said just download the new instructions. This is interesting as I would like to take mine down a little bit, from 1.5" to 1". It may relieve some of the "topping out" I expercience over sharp small bumps. Also bring my headlights back down a bit, I get flashed alot, especially when towing or with a load.

Thanks,
LB
If you're worried about the headlights you can adjust the beam down a little on the lights, personally I like the extra light at night.

Quick Reply: Old school leveling blocks going to the milling machine.