3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Knocks at 4:30am aint good

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 10:31 PM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They said they will only buy used parts for it. the examples they gave where if I have a bent wheel they will find a 06 dakota with stock wheels in the junk yard and buy them and if I have a blown strut they will do the same.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:06 PM
ramos160
Professional

Originally Posted by turbot_bird
They said they will only buy used parts for it. the examples they gave where if I have a bent wheel they will find a 06 dakota with stock wheels in the junk yard and buy them and if I have a blown strut they will do the same.
Man, that blows. Shouldn't the other girl's insurance cover all of this? In NY they require you go to a mechanic and have pictures taken of your vehicle if you want full coverage and if it has any modifications they will want to see receipts. If you don't supply them with the receipts they will only cover the vehicle for the standard model of your car. Of course if you you have the pictures taken they will raise your insurance.
I put down that my car was not modified but when they got the pictures it was of a truck with custom paint, custom hood and shaved door handles- I received a letter in the mail notifying me that they would not cover any modifications unless I provide receipts. Of course since this girl hit you, it should not matter-they should pay to replace your vehicle to similar conditions through her insurance. Head for life would be awesome.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:55 AM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

State farm is her insurance. I have Allstate

Old 03-06-2009, 08:54 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I usually disagree with it suing someone, and I have never had to do it or chose to, but with this shiet going down the way it is, I think I would be talking to a lawyer, they seem to be trying to rape you, especially since the truck was parked and you werent even in it! Phuckers... I hate it, that it seems like every lowlife is trying to take what the working man has or has worked for Sorry just a little rant there that aggravates me!

Old 03-06-2009, 09:47 AM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by turbot_bird
I ****ing hate state farm
lol I have state farm and I love it, they treat their clients awesome... atleast my agency does here in MI... I'm sure it does suck from your position...

Yeah I'm happy my dealership is a "preferred repair shop" for state farm, so I get it all fixed, and I get new parts, plus my body shop guy replaces any custom parts, he includes in the estimate...

As far as your wreck, that blows, I would definitely fight it, try contacting your insurance to go through and file the claim against their insurance... in a no fault state like MI, the claims dept. won't do that for you, because its illegal to do so, but you might be able to get your agent to do it for you. My agent is doing that for me, in my name so I don't have to deal with it, usually insurance companies won't jerk an agent around like they'll jerk you around...

Hope everything works out... if not there is always small claims court, which I would have had to do for when I got hit when parked... but the damage was like less than $200 and it would have been a pain to deal with.. not worth it in my case, but definitely in your case.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:55 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

Speaking of aftermarket parts, I forgot about this, when my truck got rear ended, they replace anything damaged, even aftermarket accessories. Which even included the tail covers... of course they couldnt exactly find the same style because something about the style was older.

Older Tails
IMGP5748.jpg

Newer
IMGP6591.jpg

*noticed the bar missing across the light

So tell them to pack it and fix it right!

Old 03-06-2009, 09:58 AM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

LOL I was wondering why your raider covers on the rear had that sill bar, cuz mine don't lol, good to know if I get them replaced...

Old 03-06-2009, 10:14 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

I kinda liked them that way, but oh well... shiet happens

Quick Reply: Knocks at 4:30am aint good