3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Funny 'Auto Zone' Nos Story...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 08:49 PM
DodgesForLife24
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=donkeypunch;1597088]
Originally Posted by DodgesForLife24;1596454

lmao wow, some people are just completely stupid when they try to show off. I bet you got him when you said "pop the hood" he prob didn't expect that! What kinda car did you haveQUOTE

He saw this...and didn't feel like talking much after that...

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! That would shut anybody up haha what car is that from? That's niceee! Very nice!

Originally Posted by MonkeyWrench4000
Eh, its just kids trying to make a buck ya know. NAPA IS pretty good, i think that they have a tighter hiring process. It seems like autozone will hire anyone who has interest in motor vehicles. You just have to be careful what you buy there. They ARE trained to use that computer isntead of listening to you about part numbers, which is anoying lol.

I once went through 2 altenators from autozone for a 93 corolla, they just didnt last, finally i payed the premium to buy it at the toyota parts counter, and it lasted until i sold the car. I guess there is truth to it!

That's what I don't like about Auto Zone, they hire anyone....as long as they can use a computer they consider that ok...Idk where they find half the people they hire.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:06 PM
m0unds
Amateur

Originally Posted by DodgesForLife24
Idk where they find half the people they hire.
i imagine the hiring pool is similar to the ones that some jiffy lubes and best buy geek squads use

Old 03-23-2009, 11:00 AM
cramerica
Record Breaker

Those are some good stories...Civic guy sounds like the man.

I shop at NAPA as well for anything that comes from 'behind the counter'. Spark plugs for my Kawasaki? No problem. Gasket sheet material that can handle gas & oil? Got that too. When I lived in the South, O'Reilly's was my first stop, but they haven't moved up to NY yet.

When I walk into Autozone or Advance Auto, the first thing I Notice is the 'wall of crap'...this random assortment of gaskets, timing sprockets, oil pans, some knockoff air filters, chromey diff covers, etc. I mean what are they for? Who walks in and grabs an exhaust manifold gasket off the shelf? Must be Chevy/Ford smallblock owners?

Last edited by cramerica; 03-23-2009 at 11:02 AM.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ericemery
Oh yeah, my friends and I call that the "wonder wall"

ever wonder what they go on? we wonder all the time...
Hahaha I know the wall you're talking about...

Old 03-23-2009, 04:45 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 154 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by cramerica
Those are some good stories...Civic guy sounds like the man.

I shop at NAPA as well for anything that comes from 'behind the counter'. Spark plugs for my Kawasaki? No problem. Gasket sheet material that can handle gas & oil? Got that too. When I lived in the South, O'Reilly's was my first stop, but they haven't moved up to NY yet.

When I walk into Autozone or Advance Auto, the first thing I Notice is the 'wall of crap'...this random assortment of gaskets, timing sprockets, oil pans, some knockoff air filters, chromey diff covers, etc. I mean what are they for? Who walks in and grabs an exhaust manifold gasket off the shelf? Must be Chevy/Ford smallblock owners?
LMFAO

Our orielly's has that RIGHT behind the counter. tachs, tools, chrome thingmajigs, more chrome whatevers, ricer goodies, 10" exhaust tips (note sarcasm..i think/hope), more tachs.....yea.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:13 AM
cramerica
Record Breaker

My O'Reilly's in SC was pretty legit, but still ricey-er than NAPA. Next time I find myself in Autozone or Advance I'm going to find out what all those engine parts are for. I say Chevy 350 or Ford 4.6L

Old 03-24-2009, 03:43 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ericemery
I am sure some of them are designed to be "universal"... LOL
Haha, universal chrome timing chain. Let's see how well that works out.

Quick Reply: Funny 'Auto Zone' Nos Story...