3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Funny 'Auto Zone' Nos Story...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 12:10 PM
DodgesForLife24
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny 'Auto Zone' Nos Story...

I don't know if anyone has Nos in their trucks and it may be totally irrelevant, but this is a funny story that I have to say...

The other day I was in Auto Zone with my boyfriend, sister, and her boyfriend, and on the counter there were some Nos Energy Shot's just sitting there. My boyfriend says "If I put those in my car will it make it go faster." & the guy at the register was like "No, you drink those, you don't put them in your car, it's an energy drink." The sad part of all this, is that the guy at the register was serious....apparently he didn't understand sarcasm lmao. Ah, sometimes I wonder about the employees at Auto Zone...

Old 03-20-2009, 01:32 PM
paul05dak
Record Breaker

sad part of that is, the autozone employee could have had that question actually asked of him seriously. After all, there are a bunch of stupid people out there. Not saying your boyfriend is, PLEASE don't get me wrong, But you never know what the employee has heard. Then again, The employee could actually be one of the stupid people I was talking about. Any one else as confused as I am now?

Old 03-20-2009, 01:35 PM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went into an advance auto parts store once, looking for fully synthetic oil for my truck, and I was talking to the guy working, he asked what I was looking for, and I go, I need some full synth oil for my truck, he looks at me, and asks why? I go, cuz that's all I run in my truck, he goes, here, add this to conventional oil, and it'll be fully synth... I look at him, and say, "Dude, you're fukcing retarded! That would make it a synth blend, I'm out, I hope you get fired..." I think the manager on duty that day heard me, and I never saw him after that...

Old 03-20-2009, 02:08 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

thats one of the reasons why i go to napa. very well trained employees, as for the other stores, thats where the ricers shop.

Old 03-20-2009, 02:26 PM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

On my way to the king street showdown, I happen to stop at a local vato zone to grab a case of Mobile 1 (forgot it at the shop). The employee asked me what kind of power my car was putting down. I told him, and he responed "why is it on a trailer?"................

So I said, "It's fully streetable, but its nice to trailer it to and from the track..............

So he said, "Well, I am taking my civic to the track after I get off work, wanna run em?"
"...ok..." Then he said, " I have NOS, and a fully built motor" So I asked him to pop the hood.

Here's what I saw.....bone stock, Vato Zone cold air intake, dry shot, H rated tires, no cage, gutted interior.

He eventually found me in the pits with 6 other members of Rocky Mountain DSM (all cars between 500 to 800hp). I think he ran a 15.4.....

Old 03-20-2009, 03:28 PM
DodgesForLife24
Banned

Originally Posted by paul05dak
sad part of that is, the autozone employee could have had that question actually asked of him seriously. After all, there are a bunch of stupid people out there. Not saying your boyfriend is, PLEASE don't get me wrong, But you never know what the employee has heard. Then again, The employee could actually be one of the stupid people I was talking about. Any one else as confused as I am now?

I understand what you're talking about, don't worry, some people are completely clueless that work at Auto Zone. My boyfriend was being sarcastic, like you could tell he was.

Originally Posted by Frenchy
I went into an advance auto parts store once, looking for fully synthetic oil for my truck, and I was talking to the guy working, he asked what I was looking for, and I go, I need some full synth oil for my truck, he looks at me, and asks why? I go, cuz that's all I run in my truck, he goes, here, add this to conventional oil, and it'll be fully synth... I look at him, and say, "Dude, you're fukcing retarded! That would make it a synth blend, I'm out, I hope you get fired..." I think the manager on duty that day heard me, and I never saw him after that...

lmaooo wow "why?" why would he ask you that...he shoulda said "oh it's over in aisle 2234234" or whatever...not try to look cool, he probably did get fired...hopefully he did! Ahh wish I coulda seen that.

Originally Posted by superdak05
thats one of the reasons why i go to napa. very well trained employees, as for the other stores, thats where the ricers shop.

Yea it's good to go to the places with the trained people...not ppl who just need a job and apply wherever....if Auto Zone didn't have those computers those ppl would be so lost

Originally Posted by donkeypunch
On my way to the king street showdown, I happen to stop at a local vato zone to grab a case of Mobile 1 (forgot it at the shop). The employee asked me what kind of power my car was putting down. I told him, and he responed "why is it on a trailer?"................

So I said, "It's fully streetable, but its nice to trailer it to and from the track..............

So he said, "Well, I am taking my civic to the track after I get off work, wanna run em?"
"...ok..." Then he said, " I have NOS, and a fully built motor" So I asked him to pop the hood.

Here's what I saw.....bone stock, Vato Zone cold air intake, dry shot, H rated tires, no cage, gutted interior.

He eventually found me in the pits with 6 other members of Rocky Mountain DSM (all cars between 500 to 800hp). I think he ran a 15.4.....

lmao wow, some people are just completely stupid when they try to show off. I bet you got him when you said "pop the hood" he prob didn't expect that! What kinda car did you have?

My boyfriends dad is a mechanic and had to get a part for a car, because the one he bought from them just fell apart when he tried to use it. Well he goes back to return it and the guy was like "we don't have anymore" and his dad was like "yes you do I was just hear and you had it" and he was like "no the computer says we don't" and his dad said "I don't care what it says I was just here and saw it!" and the guy just wouldn't go back there, then someone did and got it and he was jus like "thank you" and walked out!

Old 03-20-2009, 04:06 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last time I bought plugs I walked into Autozone and told them I wanted 8 Autolite 3923's. The guy goes "oh I have to know what vehicle you have", after deciding it wasn't worth arguing with the idiot I just tell him. He then has the ***** to tell me "those are the wrong plugs you need these other ones" I tell him no I want 3923's. He tells me I'm wrong and he'll sell me the others at which point I told him to go to hell and went to Napa. Couldn't believe the idiocy, I go in asking for a specific part number and the dumbass high school kid behind the desk wants to argue with me about what part I get. Walked into Napa and asked for them, was walking out of the store with the correct plugs a minute later, no hassle at all.

Trending Topics

Old 03-20-2009, 06:43 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

junk zone is good for cleaning supplies, washes and waxes, but wallymart is also great for that stuff,

Old 03-20-2009, 07:08 PM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

Auto Zoo.............

nuff said

Quick Reply: Funny 'Auto Zone' Nos Story...