3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

My wife the bargain hunter

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 02:32 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mprohr
I'm not a logo guy, that's all. I'm 34, raised suburban gen-x grunge, and anti-branding on cloths. My favorite hat has a tiny Nike logo on it...and I hate it, but it won't come off. This jacket, IMO, represents a certain "personality". This jacket, tight pants, open shirt, gold chain, Polo cologne. Don't get me wrong, if I ran to you wearing this, I'd probably slap you on the back and buy you a beer for being a fellow Dakota enthusiast....then I'd walk away thinking "Good guy, but can you believe he wears that in public". Other than that hat, I do not own a single item that advertises anything.

You asked, now procede with the hate mail I can take it.
Hmm, I'd wear the jacket but I guarantee you'll never find me wearing the tight pants, open shirt, gold chain, and polo cologne.

I was more curious where you were coming from, had the impression you were against non-mainstream abercrombie etc... junk for some reason

Old 04-12-2009, 07:36 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

for $ 8.00 you cant go wrong, kinda sucks you spent to much money on upgrading the dak, that your wife has to shop at goodwill or salvation army, how about groceries. do you go to the local soup kitchen? the government has special programs if you need assistants, any how, i would have bought the jacket too. it would look good in the bed of the truck during shows, but i would have been able to afford the full price of it

Old 04-12-2009, 09:30 AM
superdak05
Champion

yes it was, i am in a happy mood for some reason.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:31 AM
superdak05
Champion

no chocolate for me, just pounds of roast and spiral ham.

Old 04-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Growlor
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pretty cool

Sounds like you are the same size as me too!
Like one of the other guys mentioned, I am also "allergic" to stickers/logos/etc. The first thing I do when buying a new PC is to destickerize it, took the LineX sticker off after they did my bed (even though I love the product), etc. However, I would wear one of those in a heartbeat as the difference to me is that those are something you chose to get specifically for that purpose and not some manufacturer trying to force you to do something (show their logo) without your consent. Nice find.

Growlor

Old 04-12-2009, 09:52 PM
JAB02LHS
Veteran

Originally Posted by superdak05
, kinda sucks you spent to much money on upgrading the dak, that your wife has to shop at goodwill or salvation army, how about groceries. do you go to the local soup kitchen? but i would have been able to afford the full price of it
Hey Thursday nites is spaghetti nite at the shelter [ Yumm ],
I just gotta remember to park my other ride at least two blocks away and walk in.

You wouldn't believe the food people leave on their trays in the food court at the mall!

The wife shopping at Goodwill allows me to have this!
Yea, it's modded too,
Borla Cat backs, K&N CAI, Xcal 2 Performance Program
with nary a sticker or decal anywhere,
but I proudly fly my American and MIA flags at all shows!
All about priorities and having the right wife helps

Last edited by JAB02LHS; 04-13-2009 at 06:59 AM.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:05 PM
JAB02LHS
Veteran

Originally Posted by Growlor
Sounds like you are the same size as me too!
However, I would wear one of those in a heartbeat as the difference to me is that those are something you chose to get specifically for that purpose and not some manufacturer trying to force you to do something (show their logo) without your consent. Nice find.
Growlor
Thanks, us BIG GUYS gotta stick together.
Most all my tee's & sweatshirts have wildlife on them, mostly from the National Wildlife Society, as I do not care for most logo merchandise, but I do wear Tbird shirts and jackets as well as Dodge products because that's what I like!
Oh yeah, I did wear gold chains and gold nugget rings and bracelet back in the day, but they have been in a drawer since Disco died!

Old 04-12-2009, 11:32 PM
mprohr
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

See, I was RIGHT!!! Just kiddin Nice Bird

Quick Reply: My wife the bargain hunter