3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Supercharger Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 11:19 PM
baracis
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drive mine through the surf and it has an aftermarket CAI.

Old 05-17-2009, 03:23 AM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As long as it doesn't become submerged you should be ok. A guy on the DFW "hydrolocked" a 4.7L about a year ago or so as the rods and pistons did not enjoy trying to compress the vast amount of water in the cylinder, lol.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:13 PM
coondog05
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

water is not as evil as you might think!!! we used to "steam clean" a carburated engine by pouring 1 gallon of water down the carb... as long as you dont lose combustion, (keep it running) while your letting water in you wont harm any internals...."drowning" another story!!!

Old 05-17-2009, 07:19 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion

I hear you man. At WOT I'm spraying 450cc/min of my alky solution into my throttle body.

Last edited by Blown287; 05-17-2009 at 07:22 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:28 AM
OhioHomesteader
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

baracis

Forget all you think you know about supercharging. There is a book by a guy named Corky Bell that you should read. Supercharged!: Supercharger Systems-- Designing, Testing, and Installation. This is THE definitive book on supercharging. Get it at your library or buy it on eBay for less than $30. I would suggest that you purchase it - it is a valuable reference. A review here - http://autospeed.com/cms/title_Book-...5/article.html - This site is a really good one...

For turbo lovers there is Maximum Boost: Desiging, Testing and Installing Turbocharger Systems. This book was written several years ago, but it will give you the basic knowledge to get the job done.

Most of you probably know about BEGi. - You can buy these books here - http://www.bellengineering.net/ -

Another site where you can learn a little bit about supercharging - http://www.eatoninside.com/

BTW - Air gets HOTTER as you compress it. Why do you think we run intercoolers??? It gets COOLER as it expands - ie - let it out of the hose...

Old 05-25-2009, 05:06 PM
baracis
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by OhioHomesteader
BTW - Air gets HOTTER as you compress it. Why do you think we run intercoolers??? It gets COOLER as it expands - ie - let it out of the hose...
No need to be a smart as$.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:01 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by OhioHomesteader
Gay-Lussac's law, its been around since 1802

Old 05-26-2009, 12:24 AM
baracis
Record Breaker

Gay-Lussac's law states "if a gas's temperature increases then so does its pressure". So if you heat it up, it's pressure is increased. What I couldn't find is if the pressure is increased the temperature rises. The opposite of a theory isn't always true. I'm definitely not saying your wrong, but if I bring this up to someone, I'd like to have undeniable evidence.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:31 AM
Altair
Dak attack!

Originally Posted by baracis
Gay-Lussac's law states "if a gas's temperature increases then so does its pressure". So if you heat it up, it's pressure is increased. What I couldn't find is if the pressure is increased the temperature rises. The opposite of a theory isn't always true. I'm definitely not saying your wrong, but if I bring this up to someone, I'd like to have undeniable evidence.
It's an equation, the opposite is true as well just look at the relationship. If you need to plug in some numbers

Old 05-26-2009, 12:33 AM
Blown287
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by baracis
You are looking for "Charles Law"

Quick Reply: Supercharger Question