3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Which wheels should I get dodge forums?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dad has the second set on his Ram and they look really sharp. They honestly look far better on a truck than in pictures by themselves. I keep trying to talk him into letting me put them on mine and snap a few pics but he won't let me so far. I vote second set.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:13 PM
jakerob
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, the second set is sharp lookin. How do yall think they would look with the black toolbox if they aren't powdercoated?

Old 05-14-2009, 10:08 PM
mprohr
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Black wheels look good on black and silver trucks....The Transformer Dakota looks good with the black Nascar wheels. That said, I usually look at black wheels and think they look like someone has neglected to clean off the brake dust...and it's really built up. If they are painted, the paint WILL start to chip off eventually, making them look ghetto. Or the black wheels will disappear into the wells, amplifying how bad your rusting rotors and suspension pieces look. Don't paint them...or powder coat them. (disclaimer:the opinions expressed here are mikes, and not necessarily reflected by the rest of DodgeForum or it's staff)

Old 05-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Granite's all the way.
Picture012.jpg
I did like the first pic you posted better than the second.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:31 AM
TRX4_2008
Professional

Originally Posted by mprohr
Black wheels look good on black and silver trucks....The Transformer Dakota looks good with the black Nascar wheels. That said, I usually look at black wheels and think they look like someone has neglected to clean off the brake dust...and it's really built up. If they are painted, the paint WILL start to chip off eventually, making them look ghetto. Or the black wheels will disappear into the wells, amplifying how bad your rusting rotors and suspension pieces look. Don't paint them...or powder coat them. (disclaimer:the opinions expressed here are mikes, and not necessarily reflected by the rest of DodgeForum or it's staff)
What he said ^

Old 05-15-2009, 12:34 PM
Baby_Ram
Rookie

I have wheel number 2 on my truck. Check my pics out and see what they look like on a red 07 dak. I say go with number 2.

Quick Reply: Which wheels should I get dodge forums?