3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

'05 Laramie QC V8

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 11:57 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

let me vent, i have no issues. except for the bouncy frt end, my motor has some work done to it, it just keeps begin for more. i have 74000 miles on truck know. only thing i do is every 30000 miles get the trany flushed and new filter, i am still on the same rotors and pads, but they need to get changed.. no vibration while braking. i race my truck regulary so i know the potential of these trucks. just keep up the basic maintance like all veichles and you will do fine, also i drove my truck off the lot for 22000.00, try and talk the dealer down to 14000 and you should be good to go

Old 06-09-2009, 06:33 AM
sdsdsd
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't buy it, sounds over priced. You could get new for just a little more!

Old 06-12-2009, 09:31 PM
m0unds
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ahicks
My only complaint now is with the door window seals. They're pretty badly deformed, maybe from poor original glass install. Will probably have to replace them. FWIW....
this was an issue with my '05 qc as well. the front ones were ok, but the rear weren't. took the dealer a week to get the parts from chrysler.. (woulda ordered them myself, but the dealer offered to do it for free)

i've had issues with the rear brakes making the truck hop all over. the dealer performed the TSB and the braking issues are still there, albeit not as severe.

the last issue i've had is w/the SRS; the airbag will just..randomly not arm. it only seems to do it if it sits for a few days and i usually can fix it by shutting it off and starting it back up.

other than these three problems, the truck's been great. i agree with the others, though, 17k is awfully high. i paid significantly less for mine and it had less mileage.

Old 06-15-2009, 01:23 AM
mprohr
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My opinions below.

Yeah, 17K is high. Don't pay more than 14k for ANY '05 at this point.

I had rear vibration issues solved by tsb 05-002-06. But lot's of things can cause vibration issues.

Shocks suck. Replace them immediately with Monroe's or Rancho's. I did Ranchos and love them.

Shidy shocks will cause front end components...specifically tie-rod ends, and sway bar links, to wear pre-maturely.

A seatbelt/abs light may be fixed by a faulty seat sensor.

Your engine MAY sound like it has marbles rattling around in it. Probably bad valve lash adjusters that aren't the end of the world.

Engine MAY tick/piff. = bad exhaust gasket

I have had all of these issues. I hope you have non of them. That said, I love it like a child.

Old 06-15-2009, 01:25 AM
mprohr
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh yeah, they rust....no matter what anyone else says.

Quick Reply: '05 Laramie QC V8