3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Nobus message when using ODB/valve job

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 07:40 PM
act98006
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nobus message when using ODB/valve job

2002 Dakota 3.9L V6

Last month we had the thermostat give way and the truck overheated -- only to the point that the thermometer was reading way in the red, but it overheated. We drove about 10 miles with the needle in the red til we got to a repair shop. After putting in the new Thermostat it worked fine. Then two weeks ago a PVC valve gave way and we replaced that and everything seemed OK. Last week the MIL light came on and I took it in.

I have been told the truck now needs a valve job. The third value needs new seats and is out of alignment by a slight amount. Can anyone comment on the need of a valve job based on the description above?

The NOBUS issue comes when I tried to read the OBD myself. I plugged in an OBD reader, the reader seems to start up OK but after a few seconds I get a NOBUS error in the odometer. Can anyone tell me why I am getting the NOBUS error? All of the gauges work OK and I don't seem to have any electronics not working, so it seems that the fuses should be OK.

Thanks,

Old 06-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site. The GenII area is where you might want to post this. Most of the V6 guys in the GenIII are 3.7L.

Quick Reply: Nobus message when using ODB/valve job