3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

New Upgrades - '08 Dakota SLT

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 11:58 PM
MTDakota008
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I stayed with stock size in pipe diameter, 2.5" if I remember correctly. We put a kept the very first inline resonator, and then went with a Magnaflow (I think) performance exhaust, single inlet dual outlet, and then 18"x3" stainless tips. Maybe I should have went with a larger diameter pipe?

Old 06-21-2009, 12:39 AM
mprohr
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"I think" Were gonna need to see a little more obsession than that. Truck looks good.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:01 AM
MTDakota008
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well in saying "I think" I was trying to be vague because the muffler shop said, "...a Magnaflow like performance muffler". Then he went on to explain that it was an identical design without the name on it. He was highly recommended by quite a few people who are very particular about their vehicles. I felt I could trust him, as I don't always use name brands in everything I buy.

Today I spent 4.5 hours detailing the whole truck, and another 3.5 hours detailing my girls car. Got a nice sunburn but I was only outside for some interior work, prepped and waxed inside a garage. After all that work, I didn't get time to get some good pics taken. So I drove around town trying to find a well lit area with a good backdrop. Didn't find anything, but my computer showed my fuel economy going up and up without hesitation. So in driving around town, I gained .6 mpg in about 30 minutes. Not bad since I haven't reset the computer in about a month. And if it means anything, every fill I double check the math and compare to the computer and it has been dead on each time, 5/5 now since I have owned the truck.

Some pics I did get after the detail, just not good lighting so its hard to tell how great it looks. I used Meguiars for prep and Mothers original carnuba for wax. I tried the STP Son-of-a-gun for plastic and vinyl conditioning and Mequiars Hot Shine for the tires.

Detail1.jpg

Detail2.jpg

Old 06-21-2009, 08:37 PM
mprohr
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Only poking fun Eric rattled off the entire 10 digit part number for the 180 T-stat, and then put "I think"....hence the obsession. You do know how to make a chrome grille look good.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:13 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That billet grill looks really nice on yours, it flows well with the front end.

Quick Reply: New Upgrades - '08 Dakota SLT