3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Radio display brightness controllable?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 10:11 AM
ahicks
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio display brightness controllable?

Guys, I can hardly read my display a LOT of the time. It's generally way too dim unless it's completely dark out, or full daylight (bright sunny day). The shift quadrant/odometer and O/H console displays are fine. Have I missed something? Is there a way to control the brightness of the radio display - other than disconnecting the dim feature when the headlights are turned on?

TIA -Al

Old 09-15-2009, 10:32 AM
pack154
Professional

Look to the left of the steering wheel where the **** is for the headlights. There is a roll switch that controls the interior lights. Roll that up until you feel it click once. If it clicks twice it leaves the interior lights on, if it clicks once your will see the radio brighten up.

Hope this helps.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:46 PM
ahicks
Rookie

Originally Posted by pack154
Look to the left of the steering wheel where the **** is for the headlights. There is a roll switch that controls the interior lights. Roll that up until you feel it click once. If it clicks twice it leaves the interior lights on, if it clicks once your will see the radio brighten up.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, familiar with that control. As mentioned, everything but the radio very visible in any condition. If I turn the "brightness" control up high enough to see the radio during "twighlight" conditions, the cluster lights are just overpowering when darkness does set in. Looking for the remote chance there is something somewhere that can be tweaked to increase the radio brightness itself. Thanks for the thought though!

The LED's (if that's what they are) appear normal in full daylight, as well as full darkness. I don't think there's anything wrong with them? -Al

BTW, this truck equipped with auto headlights. It turns them on way earlier than I would turn them on myself - for example in light levels that might occur prior to a rain shower - and of course when that happens, my radio LED's nearly disappear. Thanks again! -Al

Quick Reply: Radio display brightness controllable?