3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

What are the Best Ways to try and Sell Your Vehicle?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 11:06 AM
Q-TIP
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

05's are going for around $11-16,000 Canadian up here in Alberta. Being that I usually save 2-3000 dollars by buying in Washington I would suggest that your price is probably not going to move the truck super fast. Be patient, it may well sell at or near that price but it won't likely be quick.

In my previous experiences, any mods on a vehicle actually reduce its value for 95% of the buyers out there. They think the owner bagged on it, don't trust modifications for reliability reasons, or they have their own ideas on what they would do to modify the truck. Good luck with your sale but consider parting it out.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:37 PM
4.7-X=2FlowMasters
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Q-TIP
05's are going for around $11-16,000 Canadian up here in Alberta. Being that I usually save 2-3000 dollars by buying in Washington I would suggest that your price is probably not going to move the truck super fast. Be patient, it may well sell at or near that price but it won't likely be quick.

In my previous experiences, any mods on a vehicle actually reduce its value for 95% of the buyers out there. They think the owner bagged on it, don't trust modifications for reliability reasons, or they have their own ideas on what they would do to modify the truck. Good luck with your sale but consider parting it out.
Yeah i can understand that, usually if you buy a vehicle that is all modded out that means your buying someone elses problems and that they've beated up on it but with only 8700 miles on the Truck how much Beating could I have done? The Tires look Great Still.

Actually what I really want for the Truck is $12,600
I would be completly HAPPY if i can get that amount for it.

Do you think i can get that amount for it?
If i ask $14,500 and settle for $12,600?

Thanks Guys.

Jim

Old 12-15-2009, 10:43 AM
Q-TIP
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have the right mentality to sell the truck. If you ask about 2 grand more than you will accept then the buyer will think he has gotten a great deal and you will get exactly what you are looking for.

I wish you luck with the sale. Try kijiji, craigslist and a local truck forum such as http://www.floridatruckscene.com/forum/ to sell your vehicle.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:02 PM
popsnbeer
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya. i got my 06 about 7 months ago. Quad cab, laramie, 4x4, 4.7ho, sunroof, alpine system, loaded for $14,250. It had 48,000miles at purchase.

Quick Reply: What are the Best Ways to try and Sell Your Vehicle?