3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

What are the Best Ways to try and Sell Your Vehicle?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 12:39 AM
4.7-X=2FlowMasters
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What are the Best Ways to try and Sell Your Vehicle?

Hi Everyone.
What ways have you found are the Best Ways to try and Sell your Vehicles?

I'm thinking about selling my `05 Dakota with Only 8500 Miles on it: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/813977[/URL] instead of going the Trade-In route. I've decided that I want to buy a new 2010 Camaro.

Should I put an ad in the Local News Paper and see what happens?

I've thought of Parking it in a Strip Mall Parking Lot near my house but I dont know if 1 of the stores will get mad and try to have my truck towed or something crazy like that.

The dealerships only want to give me Blue-Book price on my truck.

How much do you think that I can Actually get for my Dakota if I sell it out right to someone?

Do you think that I could get $14,500 for it?

Any Help and Suggestions would be very much Appreciated.

Thanks Guys.
Jim

Old 11-10-2009, 06:35 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

The best way is to get it clean. Vacuum the $hit out of it. wipe everything down. Car wash. Newspaper is good. You can try www.craigslist.org its free. Autotrader magazine is good too. As for the price you may want to check out www.kbb.com and see the blue book value on it for privet party.

You may want to ask in the 3rd Generation Dakota sub-forum. I will move it for you.

Old 11-10-2009, 06:48 PM
baracis
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm currently in the process of selling mine as well bro. If I find out any good info I'll hook you up. I had one dealer offer me $7500 trade in on an '07 Ram that they wanted $25k for...The dealership across the street (literally across the street) had the exact same color, same year, less miles, more aftermarket stuff for almost $6k less.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:42 PM
Frenchy
Banned

never plan on selling mine.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:24 AM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

I recently sold an SUV, and the way it sold was from online. Do a craigslist and there are a few free online sites that let you post from 1 to 8 pictures.
In the description section, say more pics can be seen at www.fsbocarsales.com/ad/####. That site lets you post up to 16 pics, and they look like HD pictures. Just clean it up nice in & out most of all.
Sold quickly for me. Good luck.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:54 AM
JAB02LHS
Veteran

Originally Posted by 4.7-X=2FlowMasters
Hi Everyone.
What ways have you found are the Best Ways to try and Sell your Vehicles?

I'm thinking about selling my `05 Dakota with Only 8500 Miles on it: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/813977[/URL] instead of going the Trade-In route. I've decided that I want to buy a new 2010 Camaro.

Should I put an ad in the Local News Paper and see what happens?

Local paper---Auto trader---Craig's List
Different people look different places

I've thought of Parking it in a Strip Mall Parking Lot near my house but I dont know if 1 of the stores will get mad and try to have my truck towed or something crazy like that.

Most will tow--the have a contract with local tow company
that checks and yanks without notice
Sign is usually posted somewhere on a pole or wall

The dealerships only want to give me Blue-Book price on my truck.

Consider that a good offer from the dealer
usually they don't want to offer even that.

How much do you think that I can Actually get for my Dakota if I sell it out right to someone?

Do you think that I could get $14,500 for it?

Sounds fair but you need to find the right buyer
a lot of folks shy away from modded vehicles.

Any Help and Suggestions would be very much Appreciated.

Thanks Guys.
Jim
Best of luck!

Old 11-11-2009, 12:49 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by baracis
I'm currently in the process of selling mine as well bro. If I find out any good info I'll hook you up. I had one dealer offer me $7500 trade in on an '07 Ram that they wanted $25k for...The dealership across the street (literally across the street) had the exact same color, same year, less miles, more aftermarket stuff for almost $6k less.
really? only 7500?? my dad got 7500 on trade in of his 03 dak w/ the v6 and 100k even on the clock, (he was trading it on an 09 dak trx-4 qc) so you are getting robbed by that dealer you should be able to get more than that

Old 11-11-2009, 01:26 PM
marker227
Professional

Are you saying the miles is 8500 or 85k????

I bought my 05 Dak with 52k on it for a little under $14k.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:20 PM
damyankee84
Veteran

AUTOTRADER...All the way. I have sold 4 vehicles in autotrader and they all sold within a month. It's one price and the ad runs until it sells both online and in the magazine classifieds. As long as you arent trying to sell it for a ridiculous price it should sell fast.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:14 AM
4.7-X=2FlowMasters
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by marker227
Are you saying the miles is 8500 or 85k????

I bought my 05 Dak with 52k on it for a little under $14k.
Yep,... Actually Now I have 8691 Miles on my Truck (See Pic).
Yesterday I took it down and had the interior detailed and the Carpet and Mats Shampooed, The Inside looks AMAZING , Hopefully I can keep it clean until i can sell it. hehe,...

Originally Posted by damyankee84
AUTOTRADER...All the way. I have sold 4 vehicles in autotrader and they all sold within a month. It's one price and the ad runs until it sells both online and in the magazine classifieds. As long as you arent trying to sell it for a ridiculous price it should sell fast.
Yeah i've been checking out AutoTrader.com. I think they want something like $59.00 bucks for like 30 days if i remember correctly. I looked at Cars.com also they want 29.00 bucks for I think 14 days and they also put an ad in your local News Paper twice.

I was thinking of doing both of their sites. I tried reading eBay's site and their Fee's and man it's so confusing I got lost, I started over reading their fee's for selling a vehicle like 3 times trying to figure out how much it was going to cost me to sell my truck and I couldnt figure it out so I completly GAVE UP!!!

I'm going to give Craigslist a Shot also, Why Not,...

I also have 4 Stock Tires that Came on my Dakota that I'm selling that have less than 50 Miles on them.

I need to figure out how much they're worth, Also I need to sell the Stock Dakota Atlantic Blue Hood without Hardware that came on my Dakota.

So,... Anyone happen to know the Worth of 4 Stock Tires off a 05 Dodge Dakota with less than 50 miles on them and a Atlantic Blue Hood without Hardware with No Dings or Stratches is Worth by chance? Your Help would be appreciated,.....

Thank You.

Jim.

Last edited by 4.7-X=2FlowMasters; 02-05-2010 at 02:32 AM.

Quick Reply: What are the Best Ways to try and Sell Your Vehicle?