3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Bedliner/TuneUp questions?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 12:57 AM
trucky
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bedliner/TuneUp questions?!

Hello ya'll, directly from Operation Enduring Freedom. Will be out here until April.
I have a couple questions for when I come home... First, I want to get a line-x spray on bedliner...how much do these run for a quadcab 2005? I have tried researching and can't find a price... also do they have any options or different kinds?

Ok TUNEUP- I know nothing about these. I have never gotten a tuneup, I am nearing 60K now. So...what is involved and/or what should I ask them to do (them=monroe, jiffy lube...etc.) Is there any way to get a tuneup in favor of performance?

Thanks for the help! I miss being around!

Old 11-22-2009, 01:08 AM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So you are based out of Offutt? I just checked into Offutt (Navy Side) a couple of weeks ago!

I did my own bedliner, I used Herculiner and I love it. Over the rails is like $450 or so. As far as tune up, a good set of plugs, high-flow air filter and synthetic fluids will take you a long way.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:10 AM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

under the rail bedliner usually about 400, over the rail usually around 450...

a good tuneup like I would do, would include, complete transmission FLUSH, new plugs, air filter (unless you have K&N or equivalent,) clean IAT sensor, front and rear differential fluid change, check CATs for functionality, and some other things I'll think of when I'm not so tired...

Old 11-22-2009, 01:15 AM
trucky
Record Breaker

Ok that's what I needed thanks... I will wait anxiously for any updates to that list...
Blown- Yeah I'm from Offutt!...How long will you be there? I'll race yah.

edit>>> I have a K&N come on you guys know this!

Last edited by trucky; 11-22-2009 at 01:17 AM. Reason: forgot to add K&N comment
Old 11-22-2009, 01:20 AM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by trucky
Blown- Yeah I'm from Offutt!...How long will you be there?
Four years man, we just bought a house. So far I really like it. This is my shore duty so I'm going to make the most of it. I don't know if you know hskrR/T from Dak-Dur but he is here also. He ran his R/T at the 1/8 mile a couple of weeks ago.

Originally Posted by trucky
I'll race yah.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:57 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man you guys are getting some expensive quotes for bedliner. I had Rhino done over the rails for $325 (or maybe it was $350, can't remember for sure but it wasn't more than that) and I have the club cab which has a larger bed:

RhinoLiner-wettruck005.jpg

RhinoLiner-wettruck009.jpg

Old 11-22-2009, 04:51 AM
Dak_in_Black
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Altair;1882910]Man you guys are getting some expensive quotes for bedliner. I had Rhino done over the rails for $325 (or maybe it was $350, can't remember for sure but it wasn't more than that) and I have the club cab which has a larger bed:
QUOTE]

A lot of it depends on where you live...I seem to remember 350 or so for my over the rail Line-X, but that was 4 years ago or so...

Lots of places offer discounts to military/law enforcement/EMT types...you don't know until you ask!

Old 11-22-2009, 07:04 AM
trucky
Record Breaker

Yeah I had assumed around 350...the other price quotes were turning me off...

Blown- No I don't personally know any other dakota owners... Would be nice to get together though. Anyone play paintball?!

Old 11-22-2009, 09:16 AM
canadiandodge
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i did the bed liner my self it cost me 250 and it was called gator gaurd and its pretty nice

Old 11-22-2009, 10:46 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

the hurculiner is worth the 100.00 it cost to purchase it, its the time consuming part that sucks, preping the bed than getting the liner down, looking at a good 6 hrs to do job the correct way,( but of course taking quite a few beer breaks too!), as for a tune up, complete fluid flush, trans, diff, cooling system, check the brakes, change plugs, go with the autolite 3923 plug, these are a cooler plug than stock. check shocks, make sure they dont leak. power steering fluid, no leaks. serpentine belt for cracking, remove throttle body and clean out any carbon that has built up, check fluid in brake resivoir, make sure battery terminals are not corroded over, check to see if there are any cracked vacumm lines, dont let jiffy lube or speedy lube or k/y lube do this, pay the money and let dodge do this. you will be happier. i dont trust any quick lube place to touch my truck

Quick Reply: Bedliner/TuneUp questions?!