3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Dealer(s) rant

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 07:01 AM
TRX4_2008
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer(s) rant

Ok.... So my 08 Dak is 15 months old. I just started driving it a few months ago, so only 5000 miles. The few times I drove it I could always hear and feel the wind whistling and wooshing thru the cab. No big story there, all my Daks were noisy.

So anyway, I decide to clean it up the other day and I'm doing a complete wipe down... I notice something odd. I open all 4 doors just to double check. Sure enough, my two front doors have the lower rubber weather strip (at the sill), and my two back doors... NOTHING. The proper holes are in place, just no weatherstrip. WTF???

So I go to dealer #1 (where I bought the truck). Fox Motors in Charlevoix. Avoid these a-holes at any cost. Anyway, I'm told they can't come out and look at it (so I could have the parts ordered in advance)(5 feet from where we stood) but rather schedule an appointment. Then they WILL LOOK, then they will order, then they will repair. Bullsh**t!

So I go to dealer #2. Brown Motors in Petoskey. They would not come out to look and order parts. Instead, I gotta pull inside, wait my turn in that "staging area" (about 20 minutes). They ask for the keys to take it for a drive. I say NO WAY, I know what I want fixed (under warranty). They say... "we need to check to see if that is where the wind noise is coming from". I'm like.... WTF..... the weatherstrip is MISSING, just order the freaking parts. After I got loud, they wrote it up, and ordered my parts.

3 days later I go back. This "should be 10 minutes tops" to pop these on. WRONG!!! After 45 minutes they come get me. Start telling me they need to drill the passenger door. I go take a look, and sure enough, the driver side was fine, but passenger side, has the square drain holes, but no round holes for screws. WTF???? HOW DOES A TRUCK LEAVE THE FACTORY LIKE THIS????

So.... they tell me one more hour BECAUSE they need to drill carefully (from inside door / out) so as not to "DIMPLE" the outside of the door when the drill pushes thru. Can you guess what I got after waiting an hour? Yep.... DRILL DIMPLES on the outside of my door.

Now I have to go back to this dealer (Trip #3) so they can have a bozo named "the dent doctor" f**K up my truck even more. WTF????

My questions are .... Do I have the right to insist on a new door? And what has happened to dealers in this country? Every single time any of my cars goes in, they come out damaged.

Ok, rant over!

Last edited by TRX4_2008; 12-08-2009 at 08:59 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Southbound
Rookie

Jeez buddy. Sorry to hear that. I was having my own dealership woes when I considered starting something over the hardly-safe tires they let me drive out on, but your situation sounds worse.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:22 AM
graythang
Record Breaker

New Door yep.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:37 AM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would start looking for the regional/district rep. We had an issue when we first bought our 07 Durango and that was the only way to resolve it.

Old 12-09-2009, 06:34 AM
TRX4_2008
Professional

Originally Posted by Blown287
I would start looking for the regional/district rep. We had an issue when we first bought our 07 Durango and that was the only way to resolve it.
How and where do I start to find this info? I'm so mudder fuuking pi$$ed. Funny.... they took me out in the service bay before the so called "tech" drilled. They knew I was angry already, and I made it clear... If you can't do it properly... DON'T DO IT. After they fuuked it up they MOVED THE TRUCK OUTSIDE and took me the long way around. I would have knocked the tech out cold, no question about it.

Old 12-09-2009, 06:37 AM
sdsdsd
Captain

All dealer are the pits it"s amazing they are aloud to repair vehicles!
It takes 3 to 4 trips to get anything repaired at d'ambrosio dodge!
Nothing get do the first time, i hate dealers can you tell?

Old 12-09-2009, 10:32 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Man... sorry to hear about the let down. I am kinda thankful my dealer has been superb! I definitely would move up to a high authority for sure!

Old 12-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just bring a shotgun, point it at the service managers face and tell him he has two choices.

Fix it.

Or die.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:00 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Frenchy
just bring a shotgun, point it at the service managers face and tell him he has two choices.

Fix it.

Or die.
and thats smart...

Quick Reply: Dealer(s) rant