3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

considering fabricating a lift

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 12:44 AM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

well a small "streetable" lift isnt what i want. ive got plans for a "streetable" truck that can handle woops and jumps. if i wanted a "lift" i would just get high angle ball joints and get some universal coilovers

Old 12-12-2009, 06:24 AM
rookie
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

blown 287, your truck with a proper suspension set up, will be a seriously fun truck to baha. i wanna see pics of all four tires of the ground!

Old 12-13-2009, 11:55 AM
studlyblueiz
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've said a couple times on this board about using part of rancho's 2000-2002 Dakota kits to lift our truck. Read the bottom of page of install instructions 5, 6, & 7:

http://www.performancelifts.com/inst...cho/RS6560.pdf

Pulled that from: http://www.performancelifts.com/cgi-...rt/RS6560.html

That's how I'd lower the axle with that piece part of their kit. If you look at the actual pics and then your truck you'll notice that design is still the same. I don't know if the lowering brackets would work. You'd need to have one in front of you or do research to compare what parts have still stayed the same around the knuckle area. The axle spacer concerns me...I assume it's to counter the wheel moving deeper into the wheel well. If so most of us with leveling kits already lost track width anyhow.

Steering I'd just ream the knuckles to place the tie rod on top.

Brake hoses may be reusable. Just rebend or remount lower.

Rancho sway bar kit may still work. If not, I'd use square tubing and make a spacer.

Transmission spacer & drop bracket...would be nice if rancho's was reusable.

Then just use TM level kit and one like Rough Country for front lift. Then finish with blocks in the rear.

Quick Reply: considering fabricating a lift