3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Codealarm CA440TW Starter Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 02:14 PM
Mickinator
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Codealarm CA440TW Starter Help Needed

One year ago today, I had a Codealarm CA440TW remote starter installed on my 2005 Dakota. I haven't used it much the last 8 months, so the transmitter batteries died. I replaced them.
Now when I remotely start the truck, the horn blows for a good second. That doesn't sound like very long, but at 5:00am in a hotel parking lot, it's a long, loud honk.
Prior to replacing the batteries, sometimes, it would honk, but rarely. I'm not sure why, but I really didn't care.
Now it's doing it EVERY time. I really don't want it to honk at all. Why should I call attention to it when I'm not with it?
So I dug around all parts of the Internets and found only one site that has the users manual and installation manual. The site requires a login, but it won't let me login.
Does anyone here have any idea where I can find a way to de-program the horn from honking?
The garage that installed it was useless for providing info.

Old 12-19-2009, 03:04 AM
Slick Dakota
Captain

I wont be much help but I can tell you my situation, I had a 03 Dakota with the code alarm and never a problem.. Now I have a 07 Dakota with another code alarm remote start and it makes the horn go off once in a great while, not sure why.. Could be the security system interfering some how because every now and again after I remote start it and get in and turn the key. that little red flashing light in the dash goes off and it wont stop till I shut it off and restart, just my 2 cents.. Cya Slick

Old 12-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Mickinator
Professional

Mine has acted strangely the last year too. I found the manuals on AudioVox's support page. They don't answer my questions. I'll be calling tech support tomorrow. Hopefully it's a simple programming solution.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:57 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

sharons nitro is having the same issue, with hers, it will turn all the stuff on thats was on before shutting the truck off, will try an start truck, but nothing happens, will try an start truck 4 times, then just shuts everything off.

Old 12-20-2009, 04:07 PM
KIPP3540

you have to bypass the stock security system of the truck probably have to diode isolate the stock security sensor try disarming the stock system with the reomte before starting.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Mickinator
Professional

I just chatted with Code Alarm's tech support. He said that all Dodge & Chrysler vehicles will honk the horn. It's part of the way that the systems tie together.

However, he couldn't explain why it only did it once in a while prior to changing the batteries.

He suggested going to a Dodge dealer and seeing if they could do something about it.

I actually could care less if I have an alarm. I keep nothing in it to steal, and if they wanted to take my truck, I don't really care about that either.

I'd rather have the convenience of the remote starter.

I'll take it to a dealer and see what they think, and will post their response whenever I get there.

Old 12-22-2009, 03:45 AM
Slick Dakota
Captain

Well the alarm went off when I remote started it at 130am when I left work tonight, first time that happened.. My plant is kinda getto area so I dont mind the alarm going off other then I want it to work properly.. I did not install mine, so lets see how things go before I run it back to them.. Cya Slick

Quick Reply: Codealarm CA440TW Starter Help Needed