3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

dealer says "that's normal"

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 05:08 AM
flyrodder
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dealer says "that's normal"

I just got my new Dakota back from the dealer (late night pick up) and it's no different from when I dropped it off. I took it in for 2 things. 1-the rear door does not latch solid on the bottom on only one side, and 2-the steering wheel does not lock when the key is removed.
The write up on it says they found no problem with the door latch. But if you tug on the bottom of the door, there is a good 1/2 inch of play. The drivers side does not budge. And for the steering wheel lock, they say you need to turn almost a full rotation before the lock will engage.
Have any of you experienced these issues, if so, have you had them checked and what was the outcome.
Thanks

Old 04-23-2005, 10:48 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: dealer says "that's normal"

I can't say that I have, but you may want to find another dealership to look at your truck. 0.5" Holy crap!!!

Old 04-23-2005, 11:20 AM
pgp2002

I am going in for service today, I will both check my Kota and see if it does the same thing, and I will ask the service manager about the issue. I will let you know what happens.

Old 04-23-2005, 02:44 PM
wpgdakota
Professional

my steering wheel doesnt seem to lock either....also my passenger side door doesnt close as easy as it should and needs to be adjusted....had the exact same door problem on my 01...

Quick Reply: dealer says "that's normal"