3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Got my shocks and struts.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 01:52 PM
jonhankel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those look like the ones that are already on the oem struts. Like I said, the ones I got in the box with the Ranchos will not fit over the bolt.

Looks good. Hope you can update with how the ride compares to the original. BTW, did you put in a leveling kit or anything?

Old 03-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Eimer123
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did use the original ones because i didn't receive the covers or nuts in my box. I did not install a leveling kit (ran out of money). I will add one when i do a body lift this summer.

Now for the ride quality..

I went with Ranchos all around, the rears are amazing on stopping the axle hop/jump sideways thing the truck did when hitting bumps. The fronts help 10,000% on the braking keeps the front end level and doesn't allow all the weight to transfer to the front. I was hoping that the struts would help with the chatter/jitter that comes from the coils they didn't. BUT! now the entire steering wheel doesn't jerk around on every bump, you just feel the coil jitter and it holds straight. The jitter/wobble i had at highway speeds is now gone! All and all they are a great upgrade from OEM. Well worth spending all the time searching around for the right price.

edit: Body roll and handling on corners is amazing

Old 03-19-2010, 05:16 PM
koorbloh
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^and it cost you how much to do that?

Old 03-19-2010, 07:43 PM
Eimer123
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by koorbloh
^and it cost you how much to do that?

Koorbloh... prices vary see this thread https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...ks-prices.html

Old 03-21-2010, 11:56 AM
koorbloh
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Eimer123
Koorbloh... prices vary see this thread https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...ks-prices.html
rad, thanks!

Quick Reply: Got my shocks and struts.....